I'm Lost

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sure as a new person I missed some vital instructions on how to navigate The Cat Site........

As a result I think I may have clicked or checked something that is preventing me from finding one of the thread I wanted to revisit.

I am not sure if this is a subscription issue, but can someone help me. I emailed I think the "administrator" but then realized I didnt put my account information in or anything....sigh.

If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks,
Amy

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Which thread were you hunting for, Amy?

Sometimes, things happen within a thread that cause the Moderation staff to remove it for review until we can determine what action needs to be taken. Sometimes, the thread will return after editing. Sometimes, it just goes away for ever. It may be that the thread you are looking for is such a thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks,

I was looking for the Thai thread. I just want to make sure I didnt do anything technical to turn the forum off? Does that make sense?

Is there a particular spot or section that notes when things are being edited or reviewed? Do threads sometimes retire after so long?

Thanks,
Amy

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there any quick way to find threads that I post too? I have found several subjects of interest, but not sure how to keep track?

Thanks,
Amy

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To find threads that you have posted to, you can click on the User CP (Control Panel) at the top of each page once you are logged in. This will take you to a listing of all the threads to which you are subscribed.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anothr option, when you post in a particular thread, notice that below the first "submit" button, there is a place that says "Nofification Type" where you can use the drop down box to select "Instant email Notification". When you select this and then click "Submit", you will be subscribed to that thread and receive an email to tell you when someone has replied to it. From your email notification, you may simply click on the link of thread, and it will take you right to it! Hope this clears it up for you

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Evinea

Thank you. When I hit reply I do not see "Nofification Type".

Amy
You will need to scroll down to see it.

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am hitting quick reply and scrolling down, but still not seeing it.

Thanks,
Amy

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's another suggestion for you: If you want to keep tabs on all the threads you start or post in, you can set that in your User CP. On the left hand side click Options and about midway down the resulting page, you'll see "Messaging & Notification", the second item of which is "Default Subscription Mode". From the dropdown menu, select one of: "do not subscribe", "no email notification", "instant email notification", "daily email notification", or "weekly email notification" -- whichever works best for you. My personal preference is not to have email notification, because if you post much at all, your email gets swamped pretty quickly. But when you open your User CP, all the threads to which you are subscribed which have new posts will be listed there, so it's easy to keep track. Hope that helps.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Which thread were you hunting for, Amy?

Sometimes, things happen within a thread that cause the Moderation staff to remove it for review until we can determine what action needs to be taken. Sometimes, the thread will return after editing. Sometimes, it just goes away for ever. It may be that the thread you are looking for is such a thread.
In case you did not notice, this is your post 6000!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am hitting quick reply and scrolling down, but still not seeing it.

Thanks,
Amy
I don't think you'll see it unless you hit the regular reply button.

And welcome, you have BEAUTIFUL cats.

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much. Which is the "regular" reply the Quote or Quick Reply. I think I understand the Quick Reply, but not to sure about the Quote.

Thanks,
Amy

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you very much. Which is the "regular" reply the Quote or Quick Reply. I think I understand the Quick Reply, but not to sure about the Quote.

Thanks,
Amy
The "Quote" reply copies the previous post, and it shows up as a Quote on your reply. I use it, if I specifically want to talk about the previous persons post.

evinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I've got it. Well I was certainly getting lost for the day....I guess I better not take off to often.

Thank you EVERYONE

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you click quick reply, you can click 'go advanced' from there and choose your thread options

otherwise, you can just click 'thread tools' at the top of the page of the thread you are interested in and click 'subscribe to thread'

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks,
Amy
there is a "quote" and "quick reply" buttons on the right ........... on the left, there is a "post reply" button ......... click that one and that is where you can also scroll down for options on "subscribing" to threads.