Recall/ASPCA Advice

kris2eye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
http://www.itchmo.com/read/aspca-say...-over_20070503

This is scary to me. I have switched from Natural Balance to California Natural. But now I'm not sure if anything is really safe. I have searched the Natura website and cannot find anywhere that it is only using products from US growers. Has anyone called them and asked? I e-mailed them, haven't gotten a response yet. Wonder if I will? Anyone else feel like you can't really trust anyone? Has anyone found a food that does only use local/US products?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a video at www.naturapetcare.com. It's a message from the Natura Pet Products Co-Founder and Co-Owner, addressing the recall situation.

Toward the end he says that "effective immediately" they (Natura) will only use domestically sourced ingredients. The video was posted there last month, after the initial wheat gluten/Menu recall.

I agree, it's hard to feel 100% safe with anything right now. I do feel better about grain free foods, though. Natura has EVO, wet and dry - it has no grains. My cats like that. At the moment, most of what I'm serving is the grain free Wellness, EVO, and raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kris2eye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I listened to the video....guess I missed them saying that at the end
Thanks for pointing that out. It makes me feel better! I was searching the site and kind of freaked because they didn't really write it anywhere. But I am glad the video states that.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kris2eye

I listened to the video....guess I missed them saying that at the end
Thanks for pointing that out. It makes me feel better! I was searching the site and kind of freaked because they didn't really write it anywhere. But I am glad the video states that.
Don't feel bad...I've listened to it 3 times to catch everything.