Stupid airplanes

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost 3 am here. The rain has finally past, and everything has a clean, fresh smell. The sky is clearing with bits of cloud, a waning moon, and little snippets of stars here and there. Way, way down in the hollow, Beaver Dam creek is bubbling over the rocks on it's way to the Green river. I'm sitting in the back yard in a lounger, with a nice latte' and old Big'un sleeping beside me. It's almost timeless, getting the feeling that centuries ago, the Native Americans and early explorers may have seen and heard these same things, and felt the peace of merely sitting in nature's bosom....

Then the airplane flies over right through my line of sight while looking at the stars, and the moments gone.

Stupid airplanes!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

It's almost 3 am here. The rain has finally past, and everything has a clean, fresh smell. The sky is clearing with bits of cloud, a waning moon, and little snippets of stars here and there. Way, way down in the hollow, Beaver Dam creek is bubbling over the rocks on it's way to the Green river. I'm sitting in the back yard in a lounger, with a nice latte' and old Big'un sleeping beside me. It's almost timeless, getting the feeling that centuries ago, the Native Americans and early explorers may have seen and heard these same things, and felt the peace of merely sitting in nature's bosom....

Then the airplane flies over right through my line of sight while looking at the stars, and the moments gone.

Stupid airplanes!
I am right on a flight path. I live only 10 minutes from Toronto International Airport. The skies are very busy above my house. At least Kevin loves looking at the planes!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am right on a flight path. I live only 10 minutes from Toronto International Airport. The skies are very busy above my house. At least Kevin loves looking at the planes!
You and I must be neighbours Ady!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Mississauga on the border of Etobicoke.
Ah ha! Looks like we are within spitting distance of each other. I am 5 minutes away from Woodbine Mall and Race track. We are always at the mall with the boys - great place for Kevin to run around!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe. technology!

I live several miles from the airport, but I also live on a little used flight path for planes. There are times because of the weather that the planes are diverted and have to approach the airport from my end of the city. Nothing like having a 747 flying overhead so low that your windows shake and floors vibrate! I don't know how people can live by an airport or railroad. I would go mad if I had to hear that all day and night.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

hehe. technology!

I live several miles from the airport, but I also live on a little used flight path for planes. There are times because of the weather that the planes are diverted and have to approach the airport from my end of the city. Nothing like having a 747 flying overhead so low that your windows shake and floors vibrate! I don't know how people can live by an airport or railroad. I would go mad if I had to hear that all day and night.
honestly - you get used to it. Plus sometimes the lights from the planes come in the rooms at night and the cats love to chase them.