Cat Tease

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
why do cats tease us? I know they all do this...roll around and meow sweetly and just when you get close enough to pet them, they get up and move!
I imagine my cats giggling at me behind my back saying things like "watch this, I'll make her come all the way over here, then I'll move a few steps away...gets her everytime!"

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The rolling and the meowing is not for our benefit. It's a cat thing. Put it this way, if you are on the beach enjoying the sun and suddenly someone stands over you blocking the sun, you would either tell the person to move or you would just stand up and go somewhere else.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by happy cat

why do cats tease us? I know they all do this...roll around and meow sweetly and just when you get close enough to pet them, they get up and move!
I imagine my cats giggling at me behind my back saying things like "watch this, I'll make her come all the way over here, then I'll move a few steps away...gets her everytime!"
Mine don't usually do that but I have fallen victim to the "oh look at my cute fluffy pettable tummy" routine.