TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › I am mad as ALL H***!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am mad as ALL H***!!!!!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I cannot EVEN stomach the news that more things are added to the recall.

I saw a revised list, but it didn't state WHAT was added to it....HOWEVER, I saw Triumph listed that I don't remember seeing before.

Tell me that wasn't what was added. Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH. I am sick. I gave Ashie this a few weeks back (not sure what variety, though).............I got it because it HAD NO FREAKIN' GRAINS.


Can I WIN for LOSING??? HUH?? CAN I????? :censor::censor::censor: IS GOING ON?????????????
post #2 of 14
I'm right there with you, Carrie -- the rage is so overwhelming, it becomes physically painful. And it's all the worse because we're so completely helpless.

I dearly hope your Ashie will be okay.
post #3 of 14
Triumph was just added to the last recall.
I was looking at getting it for my girls, but noone nearby sells their wet.

Any day now the brands I feed will be recalled. I wonder when this horror will end.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie640 View Post
I saw a revised list, but it didn't state WHAT was added to it....HOWEVER, I saw Triumph listed that I don't remember seeing before.

Tell me that wasn't what was added. Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH. I am sick. I gave Ashie this a few weeks back (not sure what variety, though).............I got it because it HAD NO FREAKIN' GRAINS.
Unfortunately, Triumph was a new addition (scroll down for a list of "new" list).
http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...ation_20070502

US Press Release
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Pres...US05022007.htm

Canada Press Release
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Pres...da05022007.htm
post #5 of 14
my mom swears she is going to start cooking her little dog chicken and rice. My cats wouldn't touch it though, they won't even eat wet food, only dry, and I've tried tempting them with people food, fried chicken, turkey, ham...no interest at all.

All this recall worry is just sickening. and I mean that literally, I do believe we are worrying ourselves sick over our kitties.
post #6 of 14
Well i am not suprised seeing how China has admitted they've been adding melamine (sp?) to several formulas for years now. As far as the rice protein complex goes- i'm not sure what's going on with it- but i do not trust American Nutrition any longer eithor (They make Chicken Soup and other brands). I expect a lot more to be added to the list because supposedly it has been added without the us knowing of it for years now. Our animals have probably been eating this crap for years without us ever knowing. It's very upsetting. I did however find a solution though hon and perhaps you might consider trying it as well. Right now i am home cooking all of my kitties food. It is much easier than it sounds too!!! It's really not that time consuming eithor! Just once or twice a week you make up a big batch of the food you're preparing and you can freeze it and use it throughout the week. It takes about 30-60 minutes (depending on what your cooking) and you're done for the week You have to go out and get the right supplements (really not that hard at all eithor! especially if you have a good health food store near you) I'd be happy to help you a bit!! Also, you might want to pm Sharky (jennifer) as well because she is the wonderful person who helped me out a lot and gave me excellent recipes for home cooking! I am sooo greatful! I no longer have to worry if my pets foods are going to be recalled tomorrow or if i'm going to have to watch my beloved pet die due to the consequences of recalled food. It is really a wonderful alternative! If you think you're interested hon, just let me know!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy cat View Post
my mom swears she is going to start cooking her little dog chicken and rice. My cats wouldn't touch it though, they won't even eat wet food, only dry, and I've tried tempting them with people food, fried chicken, turkey, ham...no interest at all.

All this recall worry is just sickening. and I mean that literally, I do believe we are worrying ourselves sick over our kitties.
please be sure that your mom researches and adds the appropriate supplements if she starts home cooking for her dog! (i think home cooking is the way to go now!!!) thery are not too expensive and they will make sure that the dogs meals are balanced. keep in mind- an unbalanced diet for cats/dogs can be just as dangerous as giving them recalled food- so make sure you use the proper supplements when adding them to the home cooking (it's really easy!). Sharky really helped me when i started home cooking- perhaps you can ask her what supplements you/you mom would need for the dog
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
UGH. Now how do I go about finding out what American Nutrition makes?????? It isn't enough anymore to just avoid grain-free stuff, is it???

The one website I went to shows a list of stuff and many list they "do not use Menu Foods" and others list they do their own....but what about the rest??? Anything anywhere to see what AN makes?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie640 View Post
UGH. Now how do I go about finding out what American Nutrition makes?????? It isn't enough anymore to just avoid grain-free stuff, is it???

The one website I went to shows a list of stuff and many list they "do not use Menu Foods" and others list they do their own....but what about the rest??? Anything anywhere to see what AN makes?
here's one link to their recalled products. i couldn't find a link to ALL of the things they produce/manufacture- keep in mind, some compaines have their own formula but just do not have the equipment to produce some foods at their facility so they send it off to others (this is what happened with Chicken Soup and American Nutrition i believe) American nutrition was supposedly adding things to the stuff they were manufacturing/producing without telling other companies- BUT those other companies should have never let it happened as they should have had people there supervising everything! I took back over $200 worth of Chicken Soup products because i no longer trust that company. (as with all the other ones) This is why i'm home cooking- plus it's better for my animals and i will know exactly what their getting.
http://www.americannutritioninc.com/
post #10 of 14


After being out of town for a funeral for several days, then walking into a major crisis at work when I got back, I'm finally catching up on the recall news. And what do I find out....that the Natural Ultramix I was FINALLY able to convert my boys to after WEEKS of them rejecting food after food is now on the recall list!!! I seriously have NO IDEA what to do now. The won't eat dry, won't eat pate-style food, won't eat raw, and won't eat several brands of grain-free chunky canned food.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari View Post


After being out of town for a funeral for several days, then walking into a major crisis at work when I got back, I'm finally catching up on the recall news. And what do I find out....that the Natural Ultramix I was FINALLY able to convert my boys to after WEEKS of them rejecting food after food is now on the recall list!!! I seriously have NO IDEA what to do now. The won't eat dry, won't eat pate-style food, won't eat raw, and won't eat several brands of grain-free chunky canned food.
I'm sure this has been covered...sorry if I missed it. But have they tried the Merrick's? A few of the flavors are more "blended" than the others...but most of them have discernable small bits of meat in them.
post #12 of 14
Thanks for the suggestion, but Merrick's was the first one I tried. Forest was the only one who would eat it (he'll eat anything), but he threw it all up.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but Merrick's was the first one I tried. Forest was the only one who would eat it (he'll eat anything), but he threw it all up.
Shoot, sorry to hear that.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie640 View Post
I cannot EVEN stomach the news that more things are added to the recall.

I saw a revised list, but it didn't state WHAT was added to it....HOWEVER, I saw Triumph listed that I don't remember seeing before.

Tell me that wasn't what was added. Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH. I am sick. I gave Ashie this a few weeks back (not sure what variety, though).............I got it because it HAD NO FREAKIN' GRAINS.


Can I WIN for LOSING??? HUH?? CAN I????? :censor::censor::censor: IS GOING ON?????????????
I see a lot of people on here telling us how to make our own food. Perhaps now is a good time to try it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › I am mad as ALL H***!!!!!