getting her spayed

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting my Siamese,That I got from petfinder spayed Monday.
I know she is a mongle (sp), I do not want her to have any babies, Too many kittens being born in this world,(except purebreed) IMO Anyway how about some vibes!
Thanks Sherral

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of good luck vibes headed your way!
I am soo glad to hear of another pet owner doing the responsible thing and having their furbaby altared!!!! So many do not, and as a result there is a huge overpopulation problem and many die every day because they can not find home or are not adoptable. I work at our local shelter- today (every thursday actually) was our spay/neuter day- we did 25 dogs and cats today- no problems
Your kitty will be just fine!
Request a tattoo under the stitches so that if she ever gets loose - the shelter or vet that finds her can shave her belly and know for SURE that she's been spayed so they don't have to open her up to tell. At the shelter i work at, when we tattoo- after we close them up from the spay, we put a special tattoo ink in a needle and apply it lightly under the skin where the incision is. This lets people know they have been spayed if they ever turn up at a shelter/etc. (you can also opt to have the ears tattooed if you wish, your vet can tell you more about that!) The tattoo under the incision is important because often times, spay scars look similar to bladder surgery scars and it can be hard to tell 100% if the animal has been altared or not- so it will save a shelter or vet from having to reopen her and check for a uterus if they can see a simple spay tattoo
They're wonderful!!! (our shelter uses a pretty teal green, one of the other shelters uses blue so that if we get one of their animals in/vise versa we know where it came from and can hopefully identify the owner
) Also -she won't feel it at all as it is done when she's under anestesia
Good luck!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for doing the right thing and being such a responsible cat parent! Much luck that your baby has a super-quick recovery!

Have you considered also having her microchipped? It is a very good tool if you were to ever become separated and can't fall off like a collar can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Lots of good luck vibes headed your way!
I am soo glad to hear of another pet owner doing the responsible thing and having their furbaby altared!!!! So many do not, and as a result there is a huge overpopulation problem and many die every day because they can not find home or are not adoptable. I work at our local shelter- today (every thursday actually) was our spay/neuter day- we did 25 dogs and cats today- no problems
Your kitty will be just fine!
Request a tattoo under the stitches so that if she ever gets loose - the shelter or vet that finds her can shave her belly and know for SURE that she's been spayed so they don't have to open her up to tell. At the shelter i work at, when we tattoo- after we close them up from the spay, we put a special tattoo ink in a needle and apply it lightly under the skin where the incision is. This lets people know they have been spayed if they ever turn up at a shelter/etc. (you can also opt to have the ears tattooed if you wish, your vet can tell you more about that!) The tattoo under the incision is important because often times, spay scars look similar to bladder surgery scars and it can be hard to tell 100% if the animal has been altared or not- so it will save a shelter or vet from having to reopen her and check for a uterus if they can see a simple spay tattoo
They're wonderful!!! (our shelter uses a pretty teal green, one of the other shelters uses blue so that if we get one of their animals in/vise versa we know where it came from and can hopefully identify the owner
) Also -she won't feel it at all as it is done when she's under anestesia
Good luck!
thank you for the info about the tattoo,I would never have thought of it!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Thank you for doing the right thing and being such a responsible cat parent! Much luck that your baby has a super-quick recovery!

Have you considered also having her microchipped? It is a very good tool if you were to ever become separated and can't fall off like a collar can.
I will ask about the microchippered,Right now about all I can afford the spay and rabies shot. Right now she is a indoor cat only,I do have a large back yard she can not get out of. I did't let her out yet,I knew a male cat might her through the fence! And I did't need that!! thanks for the info and vibes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

thank you for the info about the tattoo,I would never have thought of it!
no problem hon!!!!
definitely go for a microchip as allie suggested when you get a little extra money
they help relocate animals sooooooo well!!!! we get animals in our shelter all the time (even indoors only who've just slipped out and lost collars) and are able to reunite them with their owners as a result of the chip
It should be around $15-20 at your local shelter (getting it done at an animal shelter is usually cheaper than a vets office- but ask your vet how much they charge- if they're reasonable- have her chipped while she's under anestesia so she won't get stressed). once she is chipped, you go online to the national database and register her for a one time life long fee of $17.50
So for about $32.50 you have sooo much safety and comfort knowing that if anything happens you will hopefully be able to find her!
(think animals after hurricane katrina). Good luck hon- and no worries- she will be just fine! Also- micorchipping will not hurt her at all- i chip our shelter animals all day long- the chip is in a needle and the needle will be inserted into the mussle on her shoulder area
just like a regular shot!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is gorgeous, Sherral ... remember to do something nice for yourself as a reward for a job well done on Monday. I'll be holding you and the lovely Morning dove both close to my heart and in my thoughts for an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What a beautiful girl!!
Is she a seal point siamese or chocolate? she's beautiful!!!!
Thank you,I am not sure,I think she is a seal .I got her on petfinder, she was in foster care.I got her when she was 7 weeks,I don't know why the foster care had her on there at that age ,I thank god every day I found her and brought her home. We almost lost her 2 time right after we got her,she was a full of fleas and worms,our vet did a great job saving her.She is a year old now and this is her first heat, the vet thinks because she was so little and sick as a baby,she is really behind in her develpoment ,and didn't want to spay her at 6 months, she wanted to wait intill now.She is very healthy now,and such a real sweety.So its time.Nobody seems to know who or where her mom and daddy is.She most lilely not a purebreed.Not that I care,I love her just as she is.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

She is gorgeous, Sherral ... remember to do something nice for yourself as a reward for a job well done on Monday. I'll be holding you and the lovely Morning dove both close to my heart and in my thoughts for an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery.
Thank you, I don't think we could take another heat,she is driving us nuts!!! She has the siamese voice!Monday happens to be my brithday,I told Ted this is what I wanted for it,I know she will be happier (sp) and healther.and no unwanted kittens !!! So that is what he told me to go for it,and he would pay for it. She will also be getting her rabies shot Thank you for caring
and your prayers.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday CAN NOT come soon enough !! She is driving everone nuts And she wants to go out SO BAD! We have to put her in my bedroom everttime we step outside.and we can still hear her through the closed windows!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya I feel ur pain, Stormie was sick but we soon as she was better when she hit 5 months the heat started and our clinic was so backed up with spays and nueters I had to wait a month, and my girl went through 3 heat cycles before then (small ones thankfully) And well at least it got her to not stay upstairs all the time she now travels the house, which she was very wary of at first! But she healed quickly

And o my
what a gorgeous girl u have there and I agree with u on seal point, my Tessa is a seal point!

But I am keeping u all in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that the spay goes great and she recovers quickly
(the hugs are for u of course
)

Please be sure to keep us updated on everything

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

Thank you,I am not sure,I think she is a seal .I got her on petfinder, she was in foster care.I got her when she was 7 weeks,I don't know why the foster care had her on there at that age ,I thank god every day I found her and brought her home. We almost lost her 2 time right after we got her,she was a full of fleas and worms,our vet did a great job saving her.She is a year old now and this is her first heat, the vet thinks because she was so little and sick as a baby,she is really behind in her develpoment ,and didn't want to spay her at 6 months, she wanted to wait intill now.She is very healthy now,and such a real sweety.So its time.Nobody seems to know who or where her mom and daddy is.She most lilely not a purebreed.Not that I care,I love her just as she is.
wow! sounds like she had a rough start!!
she is one lucky girl to have you now to take such good care of her though!!!!!
i hope all goes well on monday!!
pm me if you have any questions! she is such a beautiful little girl!!!! aren't siamese just the sweetest!!!