It looks like tomorrow is the big day- i will be moving my girls into Colins!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...my mom, Colin, and I have all talked it over and finally decided that tomorrow will be the day when I move my three girls into Colin's house. My mom had been taking care of them since i was still moving in/etc to get out of the bad neighborhood i was living in. I am taking Velvet, Jasmine, and Isabella with me and they will live with Colin and I now and my mom is keeping Ginger (my wolf mix- actually my mom's lol...she's a grammas girl!!!!), Abilene- my little feral kitty - my mom is keeping her because Abilene is VERY VERY VERY attached to Ginger and Sophie and i would never seperate them- she would absolutely grieve something aweful. And lastly, my mom has asked to keep Sophie, my bunny- she really loves her to pieces and jsut adores her....so i said ok to that. Colin actually built a lovely HUGE new cage for her last week (two story with stairs and everything!- she's indoors only and has run of the house- cage is just for night) So my mom will be keeping three and I will be taking three-that seems to be the best solution we could come up with
. I am drawing up some papers tomorrow to list my mom as the owner of Sophie, Abilene, and Ginger so that if they ever get lost/etc they will have proper contact info. I will be going in the morning to get Isabella, Jasmine, and Velvet and get them moved in and situated. I'm off work tomorrow so it will be a good day since i will be able to devote all day to them. I am just praying they all do well.....they have only lived in one place and Isabella is a nervous wreck by nature. One good thing i was thinking about though- Isabella was at Colin's house when she was a kitten because i fostered her here...so i hope she does better than i'm thinking. Jasmine- she is fine with just about anything....i'm not worried about her....and Velvet- well she's my baby and my little shadow- so i think she will be ok once she settles in. I will be keeping them in the guest bedroom for the first few days to give them time to properly adjust before I introduce them to Fosters, Whiskey, and Kojak (keep your fingers crossed they all accept each other!!!!!!!
) I'm worried that Fosters will scare Isabella as he is a big guy and a big jumpy (we're working on that with training!) but that being said- she is used to my huge wolf mix, Ginger so maybe i'm worrying over nothing
I'm also hoping they all get along well with Kojak. I already know my girls do good around foster kittens so that i'm not worried about. They will definitely have a ton more room here and lots of space to run around the house and play.
If they do not do well though after a test run....my mom,colin and i all agreed that we would take them back to my mom so eithor way, it will all work out. Please keep your fingers crossed for us tomorrow that the move goes smoothly and my girls do not get too stressed out!!!!
I'm sooooo excited they will finally be home with me!!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck and I hope all of them get along and that the move isn't too much on your babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Good luck and I hope all of them get along and that the move isn't too much on your babies.
Thankyou Tammy! I appreciate that! I'm hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow. Isabella is the one i'm worried the most about (she is very skiddish) so i'm just praying all of their nerves stay calm and they don't get too stressed out.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man,poor Colin & dogs. a house full of girsl

hmm, hide the beer. hehe

just kidding, i hope everything goes well, and fosters does not get to upset with all the new kitties to play with

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck tomorrow Nikki! You must be so excited, but sad that they are leaving your moms....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Good luck. I hope all goes smoothly for you and the furbabies
Thanks Laura! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by theimp98

oh man,poor Colin & dogs. a house full of girsl

hmm, hide the beer. hehe

just kidding, i hope everything goes well, and fosters does not get to upset with all the new kitties to play with
That's probably what poor Colin is thinking
But it will actually be even when the girls move in
Right now it's Colin, Fosters, Whiskey and Kojak agains me
So when my three girls move in-it'll be nice and even....like a weird twisty brady bunch thing! Oh yeah- and the beers....those are mine- you forget i grew up on a farm

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Good Luck tomorrow! I am sure everyone will have fun
Thanks! I appreciate it!!!

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Good luck tomorrow Nikki! You must be so excited, but sad that they are leaving your moms....
Thanks Natalie
I know- i feel bad taking them - i know how much my mom loves them...but i've missed them for soo long and we sat down and talked about it several times...so i know it's the right move..just a hard one.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such an exciting time for you. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly! Good luck.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck on combining the families together!! I'm sure there will be some rough patches between everyone but I hope they can all get along together.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I'm sure there will be some issues that crop up in the beginning with the introductions, but I think you will be able to work everything out. Congrats!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much everyone!!! I'm hoping all goes well today!!!!! I'm going to leave in a little bit to go and get them! Wish me luck!!! Isabella is VERY clever and HATES kennels....so that is not going to be fun....Velvet wont be a problem i don't think- she LOVES car rides
And i think Jasmine will be ok too. I'm just hoping all goes well once i get them here. Any tips/ideas as to how to make everything easier on them? I'm going to feed and brush them at the same time my mom was so they stay on schedule for a bit. I also plan to put vanilla on each of their noses/tails so that they smell the same when i introduce everyone to each other in 3 days. Any other advice though?