What temperature is warm enough...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For skirts and capris!!?

I want to bust out my summer clothes, namely skirts for work, but not sure if I'll freeze my butt off.

What temperature do you all think is warm enough for skirts?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
70s as the high. We don't have that problem here. Its easily reaching 90 in the afternoons!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here as soon as it hits 60's everyone comes out in their shorts, tee's and capris..

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that the mid to high teens (Celcius) 15 - 19 C is fine as long as there isn't a cool breeze blowing.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day it was 22C and I was still wearing my sweater.

I am meant for like, Texas weather or something.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whne you don't feel cold with the skin exposed!! I went to the local botanical garden yesterday morning and wore shorts and a sweatshirt-it was only low 50's and I was a bit chilled at first. But I'm a warm blooded person on the other hand
as my SIL wore jeans and a sweatshirt and coat!!
Just make sure those legs are shaved.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got out my summer wear last week. If the forecasted high is 65 or more then I'll wear a skirt or carpis.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say a high in the 70's also...

Right now it's in the upper 80's here...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Around here as soon as it hits 60's everyone comes out in their shorts, tee's and capris..
Yep I let my daughter wear capris when it is in the 60's and shorts if it is in the 70's.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm one of those old-time folks that don't break out summer clothing until May 24 weekend. I see some young ladies wearing the white jeans and sandals already and I think that's pushing it. It really isn't warm enough yet for that. I know a girl who refused to wear leg covering in winter and now has terrible looking legs from the cold. She herself told me this and how silly she was. I know that's an extreme example since it isn't that cold right now, but to get back to the original topic, I wear short sleeves with a light jacket or sweater if it gets warm before I break out my summer stuff but don't wear sandals or white pants until after May 24.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm one of those old-time folks that don't break out summer clothing until May 24 weekend. I see some young ladies wearing the white jeans and sandals already and I think that's pushing it. It really isn't warm enough yet for that. I know a girl who refused to wear leg covering in winter and now has terrible looking legs from the cold. She herself told me this and how silly she was. I know that's an extreme example since it isn't that cold right now, but to get back to the original topic, I wear short sleeves with a light jacket or sweater if it gets warm before I break out my summer stuff but don't wear sandals or white pants until after May 24.
The whole white rule I think has been overturned. I also refuse to wear stockings... ever. After the first round of really warm weather here I boycotted shoes (sandals only!) unless it snows again. Of course, I hate the cold weather so I'm always eager to get into my spring/summer gear.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear shorts and tshirts until it's in the 70s... preferrably the high 70s. I get cold easily if the wind is blowing or if I'm in the shade. I'll usually be wearing a light jacket when it's in the low 70s... unless I'm running or working outside a lot, then I get warm really quickly.