Cats & water

cat brothers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm the guy with two cats one of which likes to lick soap. In one of the replies, mention was made of a cat which loves water.
My Persy (short for Perseverence hence the 's') doesn't really love water but he isn't afraid of it either.
When he was younger, he would splash in the sink if it were full of water, bob for radishes which had been cleaned and floating in the sink and on occasion would actually step into the water and stand there nonplussed!
He loves to go toilet diving sticking his paws and snout into the water and trying to find where the hole at the bottom goes. He utters little snorts of glee during this process and manages to get both himself and the room soaked.
His favourite method of drinking is to let me turn on the tap and then ram his paw down the drain hole until it is soaked and then licking it off and repeating until quenched.
Does anyone else out there have a cat which exhibits such an attitude toward water or have I got a 'weird' cat?
Cat brothers

jokieman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats do like Water, and I've heard that a large amount of Bengals enjoy playing in water.

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Opie is an "aqua cat". he drinks from the sink faucets, even after I take a shower he is in there licking the bathtub. I have a water fountain that I run just for him to play in...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my Bengals are water-oriented.. one is absolutely determined to get the very freshest water and we have discussions about this regularly. I put the toilet seat down, and whatever you do, don't let them see you flush it.

To help alleviate this, I bought a kitty fountain, and it helps a lot. Now I only have one crazy Bengal instead of two and all the cats drink tons more water than they used to.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat brothers

I'm the guy with two cats one of which likes to lick soap. In one of the replies, mention was made of a cat which loves water.
My Persy (short for Perseverence hence the 's') doesn't really love water but he isn't afraid of it either.
When he was younger, he would splash in the sink if it were full of water, bob for radishes which had been cleaned and floating in the sink and on occasion would actually step into the water and stand there nonplussed!
He loves to go toilet diving sticking his paws and snout into the water and trying to find where the hole at the bottom goes. He utters little snorts of glee during this process and manages to get both himself and the room soaked.
His favourite method of drinking is to let me turn on the tap and then ram his paw down the drain hole until it is soaked and then licking it off and repeating until quenched.
Does anyone else out there have a cat which exhibits such an attitude toward water or have I got a 'weird' cat?
Cat brothers
My Persi is like your Persy! He loves to play in water but I think he will totally draw the line if I every try to give him a bath!