ok now i am mad

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but i will get over it i am sure.

My boss or i should say area manager called me at home, said she was buying lunch today for everyone, and asked what i wanted, well she was getting from the local deli that makes really great corn beef and swiss. and its only like 3 dollars. so she got it, wrote my name on the box and stuck in the fridge,,

Now these things are huge, no need to eat anything else , you can make three meals out of one. SO i did not bring anything in to eat tonight for 11 hours.

sure enough in the fridge is a box wiht my name, well only part of the it was left, and you could see where someone had been eating it, not even cut off,
only half the pickle was left, and a used paper towel was in the box,

so now i have no food for the next 11 hours of work, that what i get for trusting the people around here.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Post a notice on the fridge to let everyone know that the remainder of the sandwich has been sent for testing at a DNA lab.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

sure enough in the fridge is a box wiht my name, well only part of the it was left, and you could see where someone had been eating it, not even cut off,
only half the pickle was left, and a used paper towel was in the box,

so now i have no food for the next 11 hours of work, that what i get for trusting the people around here.
Good Lord! How incredibly rude! I hope you find out who it was and tell them off! Man! I can't believe someone actually ate food with your name on it!

Eleven hours without eating is an incredibly long time. Is there any place you can order in from at this hour? Maybe have it delivered by taxi?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Post a notice on the fridge to let everyone know that the remainder of the sandwich has been sent for testing at a DNA lab.
Ohhh great idea!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Oh man, that is the ultimate in rude! I would send you something if I could.
awww, thank you

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

hmm good idea but we know who it was now,.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Good Lord! How incredibly rude! I hope you find out who it was and tell them off! Man! I can't believe someone actually ate food with your name on it!

Eleven hours without eating is an incredibly long time. Is there any place you can order in from at this hour? Maybe have it delivered by taxi?
Nope, small town, and nothing is open here at night. only thing open is a couple of gas stations but since i am the only one here, not supposed to leave, i have vending machine with junk food, which i am not supposed to eat, you know, chips and candy bars(which since i am diabetic cant have)
but i guess will have to do untill 8 and other people come in.

but anyway there is a securtiy camera that points at the door, that also covers half the fridge, the tape shows one of the night cleaning people pull it out and set on the counter and he keeps coming back to eat it how he is working in the area,

so i sent a email to his boss and said, could you please tell your people not to my eat food in the fridge(the the box that had my name in bright red letters), due to his actions i now have no food for the rest of my night.. the guards are saving the tape for you to check in case you think i am making this up.
lol maybe that was to nice.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

so i sent a email to his boss and said, could you please tell your people not to my eat food in the fridge(the the box that had my name in bright red letters), due to his actions i now have no food for the rest of my night.. the guards are saving the tape for you to check in case you think i am making this up.
Yep, I think it was, since as a diabetic fasting is NOT recommended. I'd let the boss know this put your health a bit at risk...and from now on, please have backup food available (and under lock and key!) ie. cans of water pack tuna, crackers, can of low carb veggies or ..fill in the blank..something that fits how you handle your diet.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you said it quite well. Got your message across and left proof. Hope they do something about it.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
some people eh ! jeese that is so rude

glad they have been caught on camera

I hope you're gonna be OK - surely you cant go without decent food for that length of time

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well Pat & Alix post made me remember i have some crackers in the car, like a whole cause of pb&j ones, so that is better,

with my surger issues, if i dont eat, it will drop to low, so yea, i kinda have to eat, at sched times.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

but anyway there is a securtiy camera that points at the door, that also covers half the fridge, the tape shows one of the night cleaning people pull it out and set on the counter and he keeps coming back to eat it how he is working in the area,

Good for you! What that person did is called stealing! And they probably did it because they didn't think they would be found out. I would hope that disciplinary action is taken against that person. Who knows what else they are stealing and haven't yet been caught.

We had someone like that at the hospital where I work too. It was to the point you couldn't put anything in the fridge because someone would go in and steal your lunches....lunch bag and all. The fridge was moved into the medication room across from the nursing desk and after that the thefts stopped.

I'm glad that you had some food in your car.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have people at work who mark their own personal peanut butter jars with the message "I double dip" on it, lol!!! Ewwwww...

Next time, just take a big bite out of the sandwich before putting it into the fridge. Perhaps that would deter someone.

We have people who raid the refrigerators and steal people's food where I work too. It doesn't happen often, thank goodness, but it still happens. I honestly don't know how you'd prevent it. Maybe bake a batch of ExLax chocolate chip cookies for them to steal.

Maybe you could talk to your employer and see if they could install a vending machine with healthy foods in it...apples, canned dinner foods, etc. We have some of those in the cafeteria at the hospital for the 'off shifts'.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is theft,
and the person who did it should not only be disciplined but made to understand the serious affect it could have on your health.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people..... glad you had something to eat at least, Bruce. The nerve alot of people have..... sadly, it happens here all the time. At least we have a restaurant onsite with alot of choices, so we aren't left too bad off.

And you were WAY niver than I would have been....

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce aside from the plain rudeness and cheek of it, this is dangerous for you and I actually think you should follow it up. Whoever did it needs to know that their selfish actions could have ended in a medical situation. I'd be steaming if I were you!

It reminds me of a skit from The Young Ones - anyone here watch or remember that?? It's so funny, anyone who knows the show subsitute their accents in your head

Rik: Has anyone seen the plate I left in the fridge?
Vyvyan: Oh, was that the one that had the sticky label with `Rik' written on it?
Rik: YES
Vyvyan (very sarcastic): Oh, I'm sorry Rik. I didn't know and I've eaten it. Every last bit!'
Rik:
!!!

And later:

Vyvyan (inventorying the fridge) `....one plate with green glob on it'
Rik: Yes, and I've spat on that Vyvyan so I don't advise you eat it!'.

I was a huge fan...... sorry about that everyone.....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i guess i was more mad at myself i should know better.
after all this is the office where during the night, people stole my meds out of the fridge, along with the fact,

dont come between a fat man and his cornbeef and swiss

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You glad you had a fridge cam! Caught the culprit in the act. Put a big wedge of triple berry pie in with your name on it and catch them red fingered (and red mouthed) again.

People are pretty good where I work and only take your food when you offer some to them!

Don't forget to stock up at your desk or in your car some more crackers or something else so that something like this doesn't happen again!