I'm a bad Meowmie!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was in bed and having this feeling that I'm forgetting something. So after laying there for 10 minutes and can't shake the feeling off I get up and check the doors to make sure their locked. Turn off extra lights and go to the cat tree to pet Puff and guess what. No Puff ACK
Then I realize he hasn't been pestering me all night long.. That is very unusual. So I look around all his hiding spots. No Puff. I even shake his bag of treats (always comes when he hears me rattle it) and still no Puff. That's when I really get worried. So I start checking odd places. I even go outside (in the rain mind you) and call his name. I'm checking all the windows I have cracked to see if he's squeezed his way under one...nope all perfectly in place. Then I start thinking. I had the cabinet open while I was putting dishes away. I opened it up and who do I see peak out but my little furry Puff. He was such a quiet boy. I would have never known he was there unless I was looking for him.

I gave him some extra treats and lovin......

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, you're not a bad Meowmy! Cats just like to hide!
I'd bet by the fact that he hadn't started fussing yet that Puff wasn't tired of his hiding spot yet and was probably just taking a nap, waiting for you to find him.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby...Don't worry about it! He probably just had a very peaceful nap. That's not as bad as when I closed the refrigerator door on Harley when he was a kitten...and didn't find him until 1/2 hour later. NOT a happy cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Poor baby...Don't worry about it! He probably just had a very peaceful nap. That's not as bad as when I closed the refrigerator door on Harley when he was a kitten...and didn't find him until 1/2 hour later. NOT a happy cat!
Well at least it was only a half hour. Puff was in that cabinet for 6 hrs last night. I had fed him early and I'm ashamed to say I didn't think about him once till I went to bed and felt something missing/wrong.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Puff - the least you could have down was lock him in the cupboard with his treats!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Poor Puff - the least you could have down was lock him in the cupboard with his treats!
lol. Well if he had treats at least he would have had fine china to dine on.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time when Zissou was a kitten I had the cover over the bottom of the oven off to clean and she got under there and got trapped
She was mad! (I didn't turn it on or anything!)

There is also one time when she just plain dissappeared for a whole day but I knew she hadn't gotten outside. I looked EVERYWHERE, no Zissou. And then suddenly there she was again. I think she might have been in a wall.

Don't feel bad! You weren't trying to toture him.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, I do that with Trout in the closet sometimes. She just sits in there patiently waiting until I come get her

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom got under my tub and into the floor/ceiling. I could hear her crying when I got home from work. I called her name over and over and she would meow. Finally i realized she was in the walls. Lee had to go in the attic and get her out. The poor thing!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Herc likes to hide in the bathroom and fall asleep in the tub or behind the potty. And I still never think to look there before I close the door and its atleast once a day that I end up locking him in there and then when he wakes up he starts HOWLING!!! Its like a mini dog living in there...Poor baby!!! If the puppy wouldnt eat toilet paper like it was his last meal id be able to leave the door open.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

Herc likes to hide in the bathroom and fall asleep in the tub or behind the potty. And I still never think to look there before I close the door and its atleast once a day that I end up locking him in there and then when he wakes up he starts HOWLING!!! Its like a mini dog living in there...Poor baby!!! If the puppy wouldnt eat toilet paper like it was his last meal id be able to leave the door open.
We tie our bathroom door open when it is not in use. merlin likes locking himself in there - usually about 3 am. We just make sure the toilet lid is down and the door is tied and that makes life a lot easier.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

He was probably all nice and cozy while you were a nervous wreck!
I hope so but when I opened the door his eyes were all wide like he was scared. But maybe it was the blinding light from the door opening...lol.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

I hope so but when I opened the door his eyes were all wide like he was scared. But maybe it was the blinding light from the door opening...lol.
Probably scared of the look on your face!! I have been in this situation before, looking all over like a nut for the 'missing cat' and she was on the bed all the time sitting like a bunny rabbit, all cozy, not a care in the world, while, I, was going like a crazy woman.

O, and then she looks at me like I am crazy! AND, I go look outside, why would she be outside, she is an indoor cat, but, I left no options open, I looked in every corner.