Inedible Objects

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized something. Chessy tries to eat plastic bags, Emily tries to eat paper, and Mia tries to eat wires. So we have to be very careful around the house. What do your cats try to eat that they shouldn't?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol. Whenever Cleos hungry she'll try to eat the box of dry food, if she cant tip it over first!. Charlie eats anything human food wise because he is a guts. Jazzy eats vegimite (think promite etc) oh yes, Cleo eats hair as well! She licks, chews and claws my curly hair when i sleep!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley doesn't try to do anything like that, but Bayley on the other hand... will try and eat anything from plastic, paper, boxes- or any type of food or drink for that matter!
If its got food in it, he'll try and eat thru the box to get to the food!
I swear, you'd think he was starved or something!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hand feed Molly toilet paper whenever we have to go. The vet calls it a bad habit. LoL

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything. The girl will eat anything.

She ate my contact lenses. She ate a drinking straw. She actually ate part of my homework. She ate my syntax book last week. She ate my window blinds.

She's a one-eyed, one-armed, flying purple people eater.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been puzzled by this recently and posted on another forum with few answers.
Siam has taken to chewing on metal. There is a cup/toothbrush holder mounted on the bathroom wall that he has been obsessed with chewing on. We don't use it for that so no toothpaste residue that he would be attracted to. After I shoo him away from that, he goes after the cabinet knobs (metal also) He tries to steal any small metal objects to chew on. (keys, pens, whatever) Can cats have pica? I worry that he will break his pretty little toofers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is really gross...my parents' cat once ate a bowl of GREASE that my mom had left out to harden.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Sev LOVES plastic, and tape from a package and he bites a lot of stuff like phone antennas and cardboard.
Add to this list, rubber bands, hair ties and the stupid knob on my radiators and you'll have Bella's yummy list.

She scared the ^%&^%*&% out of me when I found a piece of rubber band hanging out of her poop once! (Don't worry, she's seen the vet since and she was very lucky that it passed through) I still don't know where she got it from we are very careful with that stuff...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally forgot about Benson yesterday. He likes to bite wooden spoons, rubber end of knives & our dining room chairs.