Hi, From Australia

bluvelvet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. I came across this site when I was looking for forums for cat lovers. I guess I found it. LOL. I'm a newbie from Australia and I will be getting my very 1st breeding queen in about 2 weeks or so. I was meant to be getting her on the 12th, but I forgot that mother's day is on the 13th, so the breeder is going away to see her mum. I was so excited about getting her that I forgot, even though I have two children myself.
She will be a Blue British Shorthair. I've been looking out for a mentor and I see you have a thread made for just that. But as I'm in Australia, would it be worth signing up? Or should I look a bit closer to home. I already have my breeder that lives about two hours away and I have another breeder that I've been chatting to as well.
Anyway, see you all soon, lovely to be here.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

This is a fantastic site for everything about cats!

There is a Breeder's Section, so I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of helpful hints there!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site! Glad you could join us! This site is so much fun and everyone here is so nice and loving! If you're anything like me, you will be addicted in no time!! Your little kitty is sooooo cute!!!
See ya around the forums!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
welcome welcome welcome!! So pleased that you joined us (yes you have come to the right place!).

As previously mentioned, please do go over to the breeders forum and post over there - I am sure that you could have access to the mentor team no matter your distance.

Welcome again from me and my boys - where abouts in Victoria are you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluvelvet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

welcome welcome welcome!! So pleased that you joined us (yes you have come to the right place!).

As previously mentioned, please do go over to the breeders forum and post over there - I am sure that you could have access to the mentor team no matter your distance.

Welcome again from me and my boys - where abouts in Victoria are you?
I'm in Shepparton. About 2 hours away from you. I wasn't sure how many aussies I'd find here, but there seems to be a few. I've looked at the breeders forum and I'll be pm-ing soon. I'll be going to Melbourne on the 26th to pick up my new furbaby and I'm going to the FCC and the GCCV shows on the 27th to have a look and see what goes on at shows. If you are going, I'd love to meet up and have a chat.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome. I don't know anything about breeding, but I'm sure someone here does. It sounds very exciting. I wish you loads of luck.

Mcat

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site, and everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be very very helpful and informative too

What a cutie u posted there

Well see u on the forums

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
What a lovely girl you have there...no wonder you're so excited!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and a big hello to you
that kitty is so cute, do tell us more

Its great here, theres always lots to do and see, it can become a bit of an addiction
When you get your new queen, do post some photos of her
we are a bit addicted to photos too !

Glad you dropped in to join us - enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I really don't know much about mentoring or how that works. But I do know there is TONS of information on this site to help you out! If you ever have any questions, just post them on this site and we'll try to help ya out! Everyone here is so nice, you'll just love it!

(Early) Congratulations on getting a new kitty!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello from Sydney & welcome to TCS. That is one cute kitty. You're lucky to be able to get a breeding queen, I recently spoke to a few breeders at the Sydney Royal & 99.9% sell their kittens spayed & neutered. Good luck in your venture. Its exciting having babies around.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Hi & welcome to TCS!
What a lovely girl you have there...no wonder you're so excited!
I would be just as excited! Welcome to TCS from me and my boys!