Holy cow that's one expensive finger!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the stitches out this afternoon-ouch!! Have to soak for a good hour to get rid of remainder of dried blood and dead skin-gonna have some wine while doing so-especially that the initial bill came in the mail!! Over $1600 -YIKES!! There goes getting a new wedding band
I'll get it repaired instead.
We switched insurance plans and don't know the deductible its probably $1000. Can I say YIKES again. No wonder people can't afford to have health insurance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I would done this weekday I probably could have gone to regualr doc's office and it would be lots less. There where three xrays that had to be read my radiologist which contributed to this number. But only 9 stitches!! Maybe they charged for cutting my wedding ring off??

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Got the stitches out this afternoon-ouch!! Have to soak for a good hour to get rid of remainder of dried blood and dead skin-gonna have some wine while doing so-especially that the initial bill came in the mail!! Over $1600 -YIKES!! There goes getting a new wedding band
I'll get it repaired instead.
We switched insurance plans and don't know the deductible its probably $1000. Can I say YIKES again. No wonder people can't afford to have health insurance.
WOW! Thank God we don't have to pay for medical care in Canada! I couldn't afford to live in the States - I'm a klutz and end up in emerg too often to afford it if I had to pay!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
uhhhh i feel ya hon- i'm still paying on my medical bill from when i had to go to the ER back in March with food poisioning/colitis it was several thousand dollars
And i HAVE insurance
I hope your finger gets to feeling better soon hon!!! Hopefully the warm soak will make it feel better and get rid of some of that stiffness in the joint.
oh and perhaps you could have the stones taken out of your wedding band they had to cut off and just get a new band and have them set in that? Would that work

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch sorry to hear that, the pain of the bills is all most if not worest then then then the real pain.

i must have missed how you got hurt.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm just glad your finger is ok. Well worth the bucks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be ok when the swelling goes down (could be another 2 weeks!) and the feeling starts to return. The skin is very dry despite my efforts to lotion it up. I can tap on a hard surface and I don't feel a thing (not good). Of well at least the stitches are out and I don't have to bandage it up all the time.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

WOW! Thank God we don't have to pay for medical care in Canada! I couldn't afford to live in the States - I'm a klutz and end up in emerg too often to afford it if I had to pay!
Well, we have lower taxes here, so that offsets the cost alot. Also different health plans, so you can get more or less coverage depending on what you want to pay out of your paycheck.