How do I make it look like I haven't been crying?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a customer coming over for dad. I need to hide the fact that I've been crying. I'm going to take a hot shower, but what else can I do? He'll be here in like 40 minutes.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try something cold, like a cloth dipped in ice water over your eyes.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Try something cold, like a cloth dipped in ice water over your eyes.
raw cucumber slices will also help a lot, & tea bags are supposed to help, too. soak the tea bags briefly in warm water, then apply to your eyes.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And just in case you feel like you still don't look ok, put that box of tissues out on the table and say you need to get some Benedryl for your allergies to pollen. A little white lie like that never hurt no one.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the allergy ruse is a great one - use it all the time. Lying down for about 10 minutes with cold water washcloth over eyes may help. It is what I do.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww I hope you managed to get yourself looking OK for your visitor - maybe you were able to tell the truth - I am sure this person will be sympathetic & understanding

take care

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took a nice warm shower, then put a cold cloth on my eyes. That did the trick. Oh & the guy kicked Fafeena(who is 13-14 years) on his way in.
I politely told him I would kick his bum if he did that again.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gasp: Someone kicked your pet??? Someone who just walked in your house, having absolutely nothing to do with the household... and kicked an animal? I would have thrown him out immediately (and have done so for much smaller transgressions against my babies).

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww I hope you managed to get yourself looking OK for your visitor - maybe you were able to tell the truth - I am sure this person will be sympathetic & understanding

take care
That is the way that I feel, your loss was very important to you, and the person should be able to understand that.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I took a nice warm shower, then put a cold cloth on my eyes. That did the trick. Oh & the guy kicked Fafeena(who is 13-14 years) on his way in.
I wouldn't have been nice at all. My pets are my family, and it would be bad news to anyone who came in my home and mistreated them.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHAT????????
Someone kicked one of your cats? I would neither be polite or wait to kick him if he did it next time! (People tell me I'm hotheaded!
)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hoping it was a gentle nudge rather than a kick, otherwise I'll come kick his butt myself!!!!

I hope your day gets better sweetie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm hoping it was a gentle nudge rather than a kick, otherwise I'll come kick his butt myself!!!!

I hope your day gets better sweetie
I can't believe he kicked your cat! I would have gotten up and kicked him square in the teeth!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh & the guy kicked Fafeena(who is 13-14 years) on his way in.
Radar has savaged the legs of my (fortunately cat loving and sympathetic) overnight guest, so I guess that karma and the universe is once again in balance.

No seriously, I hope that kick was an accident and not anything else