Bottle babies, how old are they?

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, On Monday morning I went to feed the two ferals I keep track of in our parking garage and saw a cat that I had not seen before. She ran under a car, so I looked under to see this visitor to my feeding station. I found 5 kittens under the car, panting and hot. I tried all day to catch mom, but she is way too wild. Don't know how I would keep her in my house if I did. So finally I brought the kittens in and started feeding them KMR. (I posted in the stray and feral section). Anyway, I have a picture and I am wondering how old you think they are. I think they are about 3 weeks. One of them ate some KMR mixed with canned food this morning.
Here's the pic:

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think your right about the age. I would guess around 3 weeks. They are very cute. Good luck with them.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a clue as to how old they are.
I just wanted to say that they're adorable and bless you for taking them in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fostermomm, I am only feeding KMR right now except the one that ate a bit of can/KMR mix. Can you tell me when I should expect poo from them?? Sorry to post this here, but "fostermomm" sounds like someone who knows about fostering.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marine

Fostermomm, I am only feeding KMR right now except the one that ate a bit of can/KMR mix. Can you tell me when I should expect poo from them?? Sorry to post this here, but "fostermomm" sounds like someone who knows about fostering.
First off are they peeing normally? Alot of times when kittens firist get switched to KMR they wont poo for a couple days. You might need to help them out a little by stimulating them. I know its kinda nasty but sometimes you gotta do it. LOL If they arent peeing and active I would definatly take them into the vets. Also massage their little bellies.

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I will give them some extra massaging. I started feeding them around noon-ish on Monday, so less than 48 hours. Nobody peed for me until yesterday, so I guess that sounds ok?? Our Pooh was 6 weeks old and eating can food and pooing on his own when I found him so this is all new to me. I am soaking up the advice and really reading the other postings now! Aah!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Ok, I will give them some extra massaging. I started feeding them around noon-ish on Monday, so less than 48 hours. Nobody peed for me until yesterday, so I guess that sounds ok?? Our Pooh was 6 weeks old and eating can food and pooing on his own when I found him so this is all new to me. I am soaking up the advice and really reading the other postings now! Aah!
Its alot of work but alot of fun. Dont give up. They probably didnt pee the first day because they were dehydrated from being in the hot weather with no milk from mom for hours. Good luck! They are adorable.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are wonderful to take the little ones in. I can't answer any of your questions. All I want to say is thank you for caring! They look absolutely adorable and I look forward to hearing about them and seeing more photos as they grow!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, bless ur
for taken in thoes little ones

Secondly I think ur right on age

Now

they are just sooo adorable and such cuties

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found the Fab Five a real foster home yesterday. An organization called HALO had a lactating mom with just one kitten. The mama "Rosie" was so sweet and took to my babies right away. They seemed happy to have a step brother and immediately bagan to play. I was so happy.
I have already signed up to volunteer with them.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I found the Fab Five a real foster home yesterday. An organization called HALO had a lactating mom with just one kitten. The mama "Rosie" was so sweet and took to my babies right away. They seemed happy to have a step brother and immediately bagan to play. I was so happy.
I have already signed up to volunteer with them.
YAY! Great news. Im glad you signed up to volunteer its very rewarding. Im sure the kittens will do great with their new kitty foster mom.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marine;1755622 said:
I have already signed up to volunteer with them.[/QUOTE

How perfect can this be! I never stop being amazed at the way things always seem to happen for a reason (you found those little ones) and always seem to work out for the best (you found "Rosie" who has adopted the kittens)! I still would love to see photos as they grow!