Update on Samantha- Kind of Weird

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update a bit on Samantha. Last night I went down to feed her. Ive been feeding her canned so she smells it easily and gets used to a certain feeding station.

Well I couldnt see her or hear the jingling of her tags so after calling her for about 5 minutes (like she would come!) I went inside and stood by the window hoping to hear her. I couldnt hear her so I went about my business, and about 15 minutes later as I entered the living room there was Ceci, sitting by the screen door and Samantha, as silent as a ghost looking in at Ceci.

My god that broke my heart and I started to approach the door to see if she wanted to come in, but as soon as she noticed me she ran off, and sat a distance off looking towards me. I called her and called her, but like she has always been she would have nothing to do with me. Its nice to know she is around and that she knows this is her home. I no longer worry that she will run off and never come back.

Do you think she really wanted to come inside or was she just exploring?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she was just checking things out. Have you ever known a cat who didn't do what it wanted?
Maybe she was teasing Ceci for being inside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

Sounds like she was just checking things out. Have you ever known a cat who didn't do what it wanted?
Maybe she was teasing Ceci for being inside?
Last night she did the same thing, I think she was hungry. I think one of the dogs ate her food the night before, because when I went down to get her food bowl it was nowhere in sight.

I heard her meowing her loud, classic Siamese yowl and when I opened the door she was sitting under a chair. She would come near me but she was hungry enough that she didnt bolt when she saw me. I went inside and served her some dry food and closed the gate on my porch so the dog wouldnt eat her food. This morning almost all of it was gone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats fine, no one cares. Every cared when I was thinking of putting her outside, no one seems to care how well she is doing.

Oh well, guess no one will care that she wasnt around yesterday...go figure

lufc_vic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know the story of your cats as I only joined today.... but I hope she comes back soon

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course we care, I haven't posted before in this thread because things seemed to be going well etc. you're more updating us on how she's doing rather than asking for direct help so there's less to day really.

However please continue updating on what's going on. Has she come back or is she still gone?

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, you alright in there??
We do care, but I didn't really know about your situation before this particular thread.
I promise to pay attention from now on... Now has she come home yet?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww maybe she misses you but felt banished! Not in a mean way of course! I think she was curious and you are familiar territory that she is comfortable with! Im glad she is doing ok! To answer the listed questions I will post a link to your former threads.....

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124898
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118150

There is more click on her started threads! Save your breath on responses I suppose if you don't know the story! (Im saying this nicely of course... this coming from someone who will only keep cats indoors...tho I understand her situation... because I read her threads!!!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont understand why is Samantha outside? Didnt you just get her in the last several months? I see you said " you were thinking of putting her outside", did you put her out there?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I can only say that I don't come into this forum as often as I do some of the others. It sounds like this might be an extension of another thread that has more history - am I assuming that Samantha disappeared for a while, and now she is home. Is she a feral? Is that why she won't come in the house? Anyway, glad she is all right and I hope that you can coax her into your house!