How common?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys are freaking me out talking about that mom cats can get pregnant so soon after birth. So I was wondering how common it was. I noticed yesterday that Skye's belly was much harder and fuller then it has ever been before. I thought at first it was just from her eating but it hasnt gone away. The kittens are 7 1/2 weeks old and Ive had them 3 1/2 weeks now. So now Im wondering if she might be pregnant again. I called the vet my rescue works with and they said to bring her in and they would see if she was healthy enough to get spayed yet. But I really doubt she is because shes still in bad shape. So Im freaking out here!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if she has been around an intacked male then chances are she is pregnant. they can fall pregnant about a week after the birth of there kittens.
if she is indeed pregnant and not in very good shape as it is if the vets can do a spay abort this might be in her best intrest as long as the vet thinks shes well enough . having a litter so soon after having a litter can be very hard on mum , she may not produce enough milk to feed the new litter of kittens , and if she is in bad health there may be problems with the litter of kittens.
if the vet can not spay her and she does have to contuine with the pregnancy i really hope everything goes well for her and her kittens.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the mom allowed outside? If so, she could be pregnant again!

I was lucky; my rex queens took a few months break in coming into heat right after kittens - usually did not come in till 4-5 months later. However, I usually timed them for kittens to be born around May so she would not come into heat during the summer. Plus (again lucky) she would quit for the fall/winter and not come into heat again till the following Feb/March

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She may very well be pregnant again. I'm an advocate of spaying even in early pregnancy but I understand if you feel differently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

if she has been around an intacked male then chances are she is pregnant. they can fall pregnant about a week after the birth of there kittens.
if the vet can not spay her and she does have to contuine with the pregnancy i really hope everything goes well for her and her kittens.
I dont know if she was around an intact male. She hasnt been around any other animals since she came here other then the kittens. Thank you. I talked to the rescue cordinator too and asked her what we should do. She said if we can well get her spayed but she doubts shes in good enough shape. Ive had her 3 1/2 weeks and still any time someone sees her they think she looks like she hasnt eaten in weeks! You can see/feel all her bones though not as badly as you could when she first came here. Her stomach dips in so far when you look at her from above. The width is only an inch and a half. It was even worse. Shes much better but she still needs to gain at least 3 lbs.

I just figured out what those little things were for. MULTI QUOTE!
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Is the mom allowed outside? If so, she could be pregnant again!
She hasnt been out since she came here.

Originally Posted by Kumbulu

She may very well be pregnant again. I'm an advocate of spaying even in early pregnancy but I understand if you feel differently.
I dont have a problem with early spaying when they are pregnant either. I just have to go with what the vet/rescue says. Im hoping she isnt pregnant though. If she is Im even more PO as whoever owned her. First they let a baby get pregnant (shes under a year), then they dont feed her, think shes going to die so they drop her off with the kittens at Animal Control and now she might be pregnant again. I hope whoever did this to her is having a horrible life right now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

You could make up some kitten glop http://www.kitten-rescue.com/what_to_feed.html and let her have as much of that as she likes. It's full of vitamins and nutrients. You could also buy KMR or similar and let her have that.
Thanks Ill definatly be giving her some of that. I guess Im going to the grocery store tonight.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh sorry yea i remember from your other post now. well i hope all goes well at the vets and sorry for misunderstanding your post. i should learn to read things better. all the best of luck to this girl.