Why, Claire?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's what I asked my deceptively angelic looking girl this morning when I caught her shredding some papers sitting on the dining room table with her teeth.

It's not the first time my furry paper shredder has done this, so I should have known better than to leave anything on the table. It's interesting though, that she only seems interested in shredding cat related paperwork. The first time it was a letter from the director of our local county shelter. Then, it was some vet records for a foster kitty. This time it was the adoption agreement that Lucy's (my foster kitty adopted yesterday) new owner signed.

This was the first time I've actually caught her in the act, although I've known she was the culprit since her previous owner mentioned that she did this. The best part was the the look she gave me when I walked into the room and caught her. She glanced up briefly when I said her name, not loudly, just in a surprised voice, looked at me like "What mom? I'm busy." Then she went right back to it. Apparently she takes her paper shredding duties very seriously.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
scary Claire-guess you dont need to buy a paper shredder then-she doesnt get yr paper money tho does she?!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah I know all to well how seriously the paper shreding cat is. Every morning I awake to Isaac shredding any piece of paper he can get his little teeth on. He bites it tears it & spits it out. Everymorning I have to clean up after him.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pandy is my paper nut
she starts by pawing at it like she's trying to bury it, and then if I let have it, out comes the teeth!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rambo is my paper shredder. Paper, and cardboard. I have a box with my new dishwasher in it that is slowly being destroyed. I figure he'll have it unwrapped by the time my dad gets up here on the weekend to install it!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

Rambo is my paper shredder. Paper, and cardboard. I have a box with my new dishwasher in it that is slowly being destroyed. I figure he'll have it unwrapped by the time my dad gets up here on the weekend to install it!
Oh yes cardboard shreding is a big hit in my house. They all love to shred cardboard. Every once in a while I'll let them have a cardboard box, but it only takes a couple days of picking up shards of cardboard before I get tired of the mess & take it away.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any paper shedders, but I don't dare leave anything that has glossy page in it lying around.
For some reason Gracie takes great joy in rubbing her face all over the glossy pages and drooling like crazy.

She gets very PO'd at me if I take it away from her.

From now on if we have anything we need shredded I'll send it Claire's way

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My crew will go as far as opening up a DRAWER to get to paper to shred it.

It doesn't happen often, but once in a while I'll come home to the bottom drawer in the kitchen laying open.....with shreds of paper all over the kitchen. My dog looks at me with the "I didn't do it!" face, and then I look over....

And there's Julius, staring right at me, with his orange tail a-flickerin. He narrows his eyes, I narrow mine, and then, suddenly, he's up and tearing across the house with the rest of the gang.

I think he waits for me to get home and see it, the little bugger.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly Claire! Paper shredding is SCB - serious cat business. Just ask Trent. He prefers magazines or newspapers, though. He especially likes to help me clip coupons, and if I don't give him his own paper to shred he'll sit on the one I'm trying to go through and shred that one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, it's good to know that other TCS kitties take the business of shredding paper as seriously as Claire does.