So bittersweet...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to run out to petsmart and pick up some things for the cats and rats...Of the cats they had up for adoption there was a male Maine Coon that looked just like my RB boy Chuckie
He let me pet him through the bars and for a few seconds it seemed like I was petting Chuckie again. It was sweet but made me miss my Chuckie so much again it was all I could not to tear up in the store
I didn't think I would still miss him so much after 10 months but I guess it still hits hard every once in a while.

I would have loved to bring him home but afterward I was thinking maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. He looks and acted so much like Chuckie, it would be too weird and I may wind up expecting him to be Chuckie
That would not be fair to the kitty, for sure.

...but I'll visited him again if he's still there next time I go, but he's so sweet I'm sure he'll find a good foreverhome soon.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I "do" adoptions with the local HS. I have a hard time letting people adopt cats that are like their previous ones because memories are always so much better.

I am glad you did not adopt him as now Chuckie will furr-ever be Chuckie & no one can take that from you. This boy will get a home if he is as wonderful as you say he is.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

I had to run out to petsmart and pick up some things for the cats and rats...Of the cats they had up for adoption there was a male Maine Coon that looked just like my RB boy Chuckie
He let me pet him through the bars and for a few seconds it seemed like I was petting Chuckie again. It was sweet but made me miss my Chuckie so much again it was all I could not to tear up in the store
I didn't think I would still miss him so much after 10 months but I guess it still hits hard every once in a while.

I would have loved to bring him home but afterward I was thinking maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. He looks and acted so much like Chuckie, it would be too weird and I may wind up expecting him to be Chuckie
That would not be fair to the kitty, for sure.

...but I'll visited him again if he's still there next time I go, but he's so sweet I'm sure he'll find a good foreverhome soon.
It is so hard sometimes, the pics. of Siamese on here get to me some days. That is sort of how we chose Tolly. After I lost my beloved Siamese I couldn't face having one that looked like him, but I had to have another 'talkative' cat.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending find a forever home soon vibes for the boy who stole your heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awww Diane it must be hard
Is it 10 months already?!
Thanks Susan
Ooops I recounted and it is going onto 9 months now...sometimes it seems like forever ago and sometimes seems like just yesterday.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Divot has been gone 2 years and I still have trouble seeing orange boys. Those dear ones who steal your heart pull on those strings a very very long time. I'll bet our boys are playing together at the Bridge.