It's the little things.....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had a rotten week at work last week - late specs and tight deadlines.

But at work, there has been this Canadian goose who made her nest on the 2nd floor balcony in a huge planter. We have watched her over the last couple of weeks just sitting there patiently and yesterday, 6 little goslings appeared from the eggs. They are so cute, fluffy and yellow-green. They are the center of conversation because we are wondering what her next step is: how to get the goslings out of the planter and off the balcony.

But then it is the little things like this that remind one of the simple, beauty in the world.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about the little things, but man do I hate Canada geese. One bit me when I was 3 and I'm still bitter lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I agree about the little things, but man do I hate Canada geese. One bit me when I was 3 and I'm still bitter lol
The daddy goose has been chasing the lawn mowers - I'm sure the groundskeepers are going to be glad to see them go.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same thing about pelicans! When i was a teeny person, i was peeling a mandarin to eat and one of the birds came up and snatched it out of my hand! Sneaky buggers

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's sweet Jana.
I bet you will be sad to see them leave.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well today, someone picked them up and took them down to the grounds (didn't find out if momma followed them or flew down when they got there). Last I saw, Momma, Daddy, and the babies were waddling to a marshy drainage area near by (no major streets to cross). So yes, it was sad to see them go. But now they will grow up and fly north.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now my question would be how do they get back to the nest for shelter and warmpth. I think the mother goose was a little dumb to make her nest in such a inaccessable place. It was good of your co-worker to take them downstairs I hope their mother found them. They should be starting to fly in a couple months.