Lily's on the couch next to me!!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

This is the first time she's EVER jumped up on the couch next to me!!!! She mewed at me, then hopped up and has been rubbing around ever since purring away!! She keeps stepping onto my lap for snuggles, and half sitting down, then finally settled down right next to me leaning against me!

I'm so proud of my shy girl!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gawd I just about was!!!!! It's such a big step for her! She's been snuggling around my feet downstairs for about a week now, and everytime she has looked up at the couch, but then decided against jumping up, so it's very cool!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear she finally trusts and pursues your attention! I remember your worries a while ago, and you gave her everything she needed! Congratulations on your new BFFE!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I am glad she is finally coming around and hopefully it just keeps getting better.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow!
It took some time but you gave her room and space enough to learn that all lov'in is good, even when she initiates it!

Now that she realizes that you can look forward to many more cuddle sessions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We get lots of cuddle sessions when we're upstairs, particularly in bed - but I think we're in for couch cuddle sessions very soon! She's such a brave girl

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

This is the first time she's EVER jumped up on the couch next to me!!!! She mewed at me, then hopped up and has been rubbing around ever since purring away!! She keeps stepping onto my lap for snuggles, and half sitting down, then finally settled down right next to me leaning against me!

I'm so proud of my shy girl!!!!
Wonderful, good for you! Alley has never joined me on the couch but she is on the chair here in the office with me right now and she sleeps in my face at night. But the couch, never! I have tried to figure out why, perhaps she does not like the TV noise, I don't know, but so far she has steered clear of the couch. Perhaps one day I can announce like you that she has joined me on the couch.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great.

Before you know it you she'll be a permanent fixture on your lap. It took Natasha about six months now I can't sit down w/o her being right there.