TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › This kinda......... sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This kinda......... sucks

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
The last couple days I've had problems with the electrical wiring in my kitchen. Anytime I use the microwave it trips a breaker. It's never done this in the year we've been here. I told the lanlords and they told me that the electrician would call me. That was 2 days ago. I now have to use my microwave in the living room on the floor
As I was warming up the pot roast, I have kitties and a pup swarming me. The Cat Brats were sitting on top of the microwave batting at my hand and the plate anytime I opened the door

Im debating on calling the landlords in the morning to find out what's going on... I dont want to bother them but then again, this is ridiculous!

So yeah, this kinda sucks
post #2 of 16
Call the landlords alycia, if there is something wrong with the wiring it could be a potential fire hazard and you wouldn't want your family around that. You're paying rent- you deserve to live in a place with proper wiring
post #3 of 16
yea, i agree with that, call someone
post #4 of 16
call them! What if messed up wirings results in a fire!
Unlikely, I don't want to worry you but this should be looked at.
post #5 of 16
If you're paying the rent, your landlords have every responsibility in making your place safe and inhabitable. Call him/her again!
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Yeah I think I'll call them tomorrow morning!
I was going to wait until they pick up the rent on Friday but this is just crazy!
post #7 of 16
i was thinking, if you plug it some place else does it do the same thing>
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
i was thinking, if you plug it some place else does it do the same thing>
Nope... only in the kitchen
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Call the landlords alycia, if there is something wrong with the wiring it could be a potential fire hazard and you wouldn't want your family around that. You're paying rent- you deserve to live in a place with proper wiring
Well said Nikki!! You better get to calling the landlord, this is why you pay rent
post #10 of 16
Yes, call right away -- if something happens before you call, you might be held liable for failing to notify him.
post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Yes, call right away -- if something happens before you call, you might be held liable for failing to notify him.
Well they are aware of the problem. I am going to call them this morning when we get to the jobsite
post #12 of 16
I agree that it might be a potential hazard and they should take care of it sooner rather than later. I would keep bugging them
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Well the electrician called. He won't be able to get here until Monday! I'm a little upset about it too. I mean, what happens if it is hazardous?
post #14 of 16
1. Renter insurance. They are insured but just for themselves. I hate to advs insurance as it is one of those things that thrives on fear. But after buying my expensive pc I went out and got some. It wans't too bad.
2. Fire extinguisher, get a cheap one.
3. Tell them you don't feel safe and are worried about the wiring.

Take care!
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon View Post
1. Renter insurance. They are insured but just for themselves. I hate to advs insurance as it is one of those things that thrives on fear. But after buying my expensive pc I went out and got some. It wans't too bad.
2. Fire extinguisher, get a cheap one.
3. Tell them you don't feel safe and are worried about the wiring.

Take care!
Renter's insurance is REALLY expensive here in Florida. Almost as much as Homeowners
I do have 3 fire extinguishers! We have 2 on the truck for work and one in the house!
post #16 of 16
That's why the circuit breaker is there. If there is a potential for a fire, the circuit breaker shuts off the electricity. Pretty much the worse case will be the wires themselves fry, but not start a fire (unless the circuit breaker doesn't trip and you run the microwave for 5+ hours along with everything else).

to be on the safe side, however, just keep doing what you're doing. I understand that its frustrating not being able to get an electrian out sooner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › This kinda......... sucks