TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's for dinner tonight???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's for dinner tonight???

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I'm making my own version of a cheeseburger maccaroni dinner (with lactaid milk and all that good stuff!) What is everyone having for dinner tonight?
post #2 of 28
John is on his way home with Taco Johns for me for supper- 3 soft shell tacos and potato ole's!
post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
John is on his way home with Taco Johns for me for supper- 3 soft shell tacos and potato ole's!
mmmmm that sounds good! is taco john's like taco bell?
post #4 of 28
Gosh! you guys are making me hungry again! I had 2 hotdogs that I cooked in the microwave
post #5 of 28
Thread Starter 
I burnt dinner....well more specifically....i chared 1/2 of it I was having soo much fun on TCS that i totally forgot to check it Thanks for the Taco idea kenzie- looks like we're going to do that
post #6 of 28
I just had a frozen pizza. I have been cooking almost everyday for the last two weeks. I didn't feel like cooking tonight.
post #7 of 28
Fish with baked potato, brown rice, and cranberry sauce - it was tasty!
post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
I just had a frozen pizza. I have been cooking almost everyday for the last two weeks. I didn't feel like cooking tonight.
I would soo do that (After just burning our dinner) but we're out of frozen pizza I gotta go to the grocery store! What kind did you make? I told Colin that I went to the ladies room for a moment and when i came out dinner was burnt (no way i was going to tell him i burnt it while talking on TCS)
post #9 of 28
I had a Marie Callender's frozen dinner, cheesy chicken, rice with broccoli.

It wasn't bad. I resort to mostly single person dinners at night since my husband works 2nd shift. When I cook, it's on weekends, or during normal people's lunch time.
post #10 of 28
I went for groceries yesterday, so my bribe for grocery shopping is a steak. I was too tired to cook yesterday so I'm grilling the steak tonight and will have it with an oven baked potato topped with cottage cheese and lemon pepper, and some fresh brussel sprouts steamed and sprinkled with lemon juice.

Chocolate Soy "Ice Cream" for dessert...yummy!!!!
post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
I went for groceries yesterday, so my bribe for grocery shopping is a steak. I was too tired to cook yesterday so I'm grilling the steak tonight and will have it with an oven baked potato topped with cottage cheese and lemon pepper, and some fresh brussel sprouts steamed and sprinkled with lemon juice.

Chocolate Soy "Ice Cream" for dessert...yummy!!!!
yum! what brand of soy did you get? i get the "so deliscious!" it's pretty good!
http://www.turtlemountain.com/
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
I'm making my own version of a cheeseburger maccaroni dinner (with lactaid milk and all that good stuff!) What is everyone having for dinner tonight?
What do you use for the "cheese" part?
post #13 of 28
I went all out for dinner tonight....chicken pot-pies..
post #14 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
What do you use for the "cheese" part?
montery and colby shredded (its a LOT easier on my stomach than other cheeses and it doesn't upset as much.) and i use lactaid milk in place of regular.
post #15 of 28
Lazy night, I've got a couple Claim Jumpers beef pot pies in the oven.
post #16 of 28
Baked chicken, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. YUM!!!
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
yum! what brand of soy did you get? i get the "soy deliscious!" it's pretty good!

I buy "So Good"
post #18 of 28
DH made meatloaf muffins! That way we all get the end piece
He also made zucchini & squash with onions & garlic. I hate those veggies but he did an excellent job cooking them Oh and mash potatoes.
post #19 of 28
Meatloaf muffins - what a great idea! You will have to give me the recipe.

I think we will just have fish and chips tonight - I called in sick because my wrist is hurting (I know, I shouldn't be here!) and so im not going to cook. Besides, I need to buy more pots - I have charred two pots now.
post #20 of 28
Tonite I ordered a pizza, and took it to my moms. We had salad and pizza. It was quite tasty!!
post #21 of 28
Well if im allowed to use up the potatos and steal some mince meat, might go for a bolognaise bake!
post #22 of 28
I was lazy. I just heated up some canned Ravioli.
post #23 of 28
After the day I had, I was all ready to order pizza. But I had to stop and pick up a few things on the way home, and found several things that put a smile on my face and the urge to cook back in my heart -- and in the process somewhere I detected an aroma which spoke of potatoes and cheese.

So I did a neat baked thing that I haven't done for a while, with diced potatoes, and fresh sage, and cheese. Some ham warmed up and some green peas, and drunken blackberry shortcakes for dessert. I think I may renew my membership in the human race.
post #24 of 28
hmm...for dinner I cooked my self breakfeast

I had maple flavored sausage and toast and an dippy egg

My mom, dad, and brother had Omish Dish!
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwideus View Post
Meatloaf muffins - what a great idea! You will have to give me the recipe.

I think we will just have fish and chips tonight - I called in sick because my wrist is hurting (I know, I shouldn't be here!) and so im not going to cook. Besides, I need to buy more pots - I have charred two pots now.
Mike has his own recipe for the meatloaf (combination of his mom's & my mom's) but this is where he got the idea:
Kraft Foods.
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
mmmmm that sounds good! is taco john's like taco bell?
It is, but Taco Bell is better, but I LOVE Taco John's potato ole's!
post #27 of 28
I had some tests today and I was away for hours and hours today and missed my afternoon nap. By the time I got home at 6:15pm I was so tired that I couldn't even function so I had a bowl of Captain Crunch creal and went and laid down and slept for 3 1/2 hours.

Now I'm making meatloaf, not because I'm hungry, but because I bought the meat on Monday and need to get it cooked. Tomorrow I have to make meatballs, and I'll also make some chili.

All of those dishes, incuding the meatloaf (sliced) will be frozen in portions for future meals.
post #28 of 28
Rice (short grain, new crop, and ORGANIC!!! only the best)
Yakiniku (very thinly sliced beef in a sweet marinade, grilled very quickly on high heat)
Miso soup (with little tofu cubes, wakame seaweed, and sliced scallion)
Fresh tender red lettuce leaves (rinsed in cool water)
Blanched spinach leaves (garnished with sesame seeds)
and 2 umeboshi to garnish everything (pickled plums)

oof, stuffed...

for desert, biscotti and a glass of red wine (petite syrah)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's for dinner tonight???