Here is my take on last night's performances:
1) Phil - I think if Blake left, my wife and I would vote for Phil. We don't love him, but he is one of the best singers IMO and he doesn't always get all the credit he deserves.
2) Jordon - She scared us last night with that hair..poofy, streaky..yikes. It was also the first time that I can remember where I absolutely hated her performance. I thought she crashed and burned. But I blame the song choice, not her. There are so many good Bon Jovi songs that don't "rock" that she could have done.
3) Lakisha - Was she wearing a girdle? Yeah she can sing, but I don't care for the whole Kevin Covais lisp she has going on when she sings, and she needs to drop the Fantasia "Baby-Mama" angle. I view her in the same league as Melinda. She can sing, and has talent, but she's to me, a one trick pony. If it's not Gospel, she's going to try and make it Gospel no matter what.
4) Blake - Great as usual
My wife and I are a huge fan and while we haven't jumped for joy over EVERY performance he's done, last night was a special one. As a drummer I appreciated the trading four's for 16 bars section last night, that was definately a risk. He needs to go back to blonde hair though. When guys dye their hair black and it's not the natural color, you can always tell
5) Chris - Wow that was painful. We don't really like Chris seeing as he specializes in the "nasally" singing style that he claims is legit, but last night was by far the worst performance I've seen of him. Forget the fact that Daughtry did the same song better last year, as a performance it was just painful period. Nasally, pitchy, and he basically yelled the whole time. But once again, it was another performance (just like last week) where he bombed but got huge praise for it. Thankfully he'll probably be one of the ones going home this week.
6) Melinda - She did pretty good with the song, I was actually surprised. The attitude was nice, but in general we just don't like her. She is very talented, but the whole attitude around her that she is in a league of her own and can do no wrong is getting old. Atleast she stopped the "Oh me??" smile. Hopefully she doesn't win. I think if I had to pick a girl to win it would be Jordon.
That being said, Jordon, as much as I didn't like the performance, shouldn't go home. It should really be Chris and Lakisha, from a vocal standpoint and for the fact that they really did a number on Jordon unfairly last week and she shouldn't go out like that yet. Be told that you're going home, only to be told "Haha, no just kidding" and then to say "No really we're serious this time, you're going home" the next week.