As seen on TV/Infomercial products

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have any of this stuff? Does it work just as brilliantly as it appears to in the ads?

I got to bragging about my Ginsu Knives (which sadly, though not surprisingly, do not cut through a can all that easily) in this thread and now am curious about other people's experiences with other infomercial products.

Care to share?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the Magic Bullet (blender). I got it for Christmas this last year from my mom- from a store. I LOVE IT! It works wonderfully and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
I use it daily, its really awesome.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have picked up a few things over the years that were once sold on infomercials before and found at Wal-greens and haven't been impressed with any of it. So now I don't try any of it anymore...

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of the Magic Bullets myself; I got it for Christmas. I do like it, but I also have one complaint about it. You cannot adjust the speed at all. My first try at making the Salsa in the recipe book produced "salsa cream soup"

The little fella works great, but it takes some practice and a bit of finesse to use it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the Pasta Pot and the Showtime Rotisserie. I sometimes order stuff from the "As Seen on TV" website.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the Showtime Rotisserie. But I have gotten a few things that were not so good, the plastic stuff seems to break as easily as the cheap stuff.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I love the Showtime Rotisserie. But I have gotten a few things that were not so good, the plastic stuff seems to break as easily as the cheap stuff.
What is that? I don't think I've ever seen an informercial for it?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have the magic bullet but all it did was destroy my food so I returned it. I tried to make the smoothies and ended up with ice mush and I tried to make the cheese sauce and that was a huge mess.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I used to have the magic bullet but all it did was destroy my food so I returned it. I tried to make the smoothies and ended up with ice mush and I tried to make the cheese sauce and that was a huge mess.
Really? I make smoothies/shakes/ect. all the time and they turn out wonderfully! That sucks that your didn't have good experiences w/ yours!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Really? I make smoothies/shakes/ect. all the time and they turn out wonderfully! That sucks that your didn't have good experiences w/ yours!
Thats weird. I bought mine when they were over $100, and now they are like $30. Maybe for $30, I would have given it more of a chance.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The pasta pot is pretty cool! The "Safety Can" can opener is crap - mine broke in about a week, and never did open the cans without sharp edges. That thing that holds all the stacked bowls and one size lids - all the bowls are too small to be useful. I don't personally have the Magic Bullet, but my friend does and she adores it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Thats weird. I bought mine when they were over $100, and now they are like $30. Maybe for $30, I would have given it more of a chance.
Yikes! My mom got mine at around like $40-$50ish at Shopko