Well..my nice outside just got ruined..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evil landlord showed up to do the yard work. Cant stand that man. You can see some previous posts about some of his sheenanigans..Especially the roofing Debacaul..when he didnt have a permit..Ect.

Well he just gave notice that hes raising our rent. by another $75
Thats alot of money to us.

Doesnt take effect til July..but..

Oh well we had planned on moving in August anyways. This just solidifies the thought and is the only reason i havent gone and bludgeoned the..evil landlord in the head..yet

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you have an idiot of a landlord. Hopefully you can survive until your move (without doing something to him to get yourself arrested)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I hope so too..our dogs really dislike him too... seriously. the hound was just trying to chew out of their kennel to get to him.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's strange....here (as a landlord) I have to give 60 days notice of rent increases and the law specifies that I can only raise the rent by 2.3 percent, unless i can prove I've done significant overhauls that raise the standard of living. Isn't there something similar where you are? Then by law he can't just drop the $75 increase on you!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here they can't ever raise rent during a lease, and if it's month-to-month lease they have to give either 90 or 60 days notice like Renny said... I'm so lucky my rent is staying the same next year!

Your landlord sounds like a real piece of work! I have read some of the other threads and I might have been in the housing legal clinic by now or else sitting on the roof screaming!

Just think, at least its your landlord and not your roommate...

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah just a little while longer. I have a couple irons in the moving fire. We may even be able to move before August if one thing pans out. Trying to be a farm manager again..and theres a local lady who needs to rebuild her business.

we have kept all the incidents documented and we will report it all once we get moved.

No such..laws here. he has to give written notice. but since we are month to month it only has to be x amount. Blarg.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He can't be all bad, he allows you to have all your animals.

Very few landlords will allow a breeder to rent one of their properties.

I probably don't know the whole story though..........

Hope the move works out for you soon.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

He can't be all bad, he allows you to have all your animals.

Very few landlords will allow a breeder to rent one of their properties.

I probably don't know the whole story though..........

Hope the move works out for you soon.
LOL

No you dont.

Like, always coming over when he knows I am home alone.

Thinking up un-needed reasons to come into the apartment when I am home alone. and barely giving notice. (as hes requied to unless its an ER)

Generally calling for..whatever it is hes calling about between 6am-8am (i dont like my family to call that early and have asked him several times not to)

Saying, he doesnt get our messages about matience issues. IE:eek:ur tub had a crack in it for 6 months before he decided to fix it, and we called, and sent letters about it. The reason he finally fixed it? Lady downstairs..had Mold growing in one of her walls the whole room down there had to be torn and replaced. He blamed us for not telling him of the issue..yet I Have certified mail recipts.

When he decided to repair the roof on the garage, (and i have photos of this mess) he had shingles, nails, ect laying all over the yard (and tossed them in our dog kennel..on it..ect) for months. Had no building permit either. We did call the county for that one, when I stepped on one of the nails..with my work boots on, and still got nailed with a nail.

And thts just the tip of the iceberg,

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's awful having an evil landlord!

We had an evil landlady (we called her "The Crone") in Massachusetts, and she hovered above, living in the second storey of her house. We always felt like unwanted guests (who were giving her a lot of money).

I say throw a party when you leave.