I'll consider this a GIGANTIC milestone!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris, my semi-feral socialized furbaby let me do something really special to him last night.

Every evening when I come home from work and sit down to read my mail, he is right there, walking all over my lap and my mail, wanting to sniff me all over so he knows where I've been.

I always give him scritches and lovies, but last night, something special happened: He actually ALLOWED me to cup his face with both of my hands (this alone is amazing) and then he held still and did NOT pull away while I came in close and...

wait for it...

KISSED HIM RIGHT ON HIS PINK LITTLE NOSE!!!!

I think I am still on cloud nine, LOL!

Of course I offered him a treat IMMEDIATELY. I'm SO in love with this boy!!! And to think...I once thought he hated me! I'm SO glad he changed his mind!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, how special. I bet your heart felt like it was melting. He's such a handsome sweet boy too.

It always amazes me how I can have a ghastly day and how quickly I feel better when I get home to our kitties.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yippeeeeee! How fantastic! We can all remember our 1st furbaby kisses - they are so special!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Ferris let you kiss his nose????

I am so happy for you, Betsy!!!!
I know I can't quite believe it myself!

I give Ginger kisses all the time, so I guess he decided to give me a chance - and it didn't hurt! He even got a treat - I hope this means I can give him LOTS more kisses in the days and years to come!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go Ferris!
That's a HUGE breakthrough!!!

Betsy, you think Ferris could have a little talk with Ophelia? She's been with us for 7 years, and STILL won't let me cup her face (2 hands is just too scary!), nor will she let me kiss her nose. I can kiss her on top of her head, if I sneak one in, but that's it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Go Ferris!
That's a HUGE breakthrough!!!

Betsy, you think Ferris could have a little talk with Ophelia? She's been with us for 7 years, and STILL won't let me cup her face (2 hands is just too scary!), nor will she let me kiss her nose. I can kiss her on top of her head, if I sneak one in, but that's it.
Ferris says he'll see what he can do - but since he's still a little uncertain about this latest turn of events, he cant guarantee any results.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

He's making progress by leaps and bounds, isn't he?
He really is, the little poopy-head.

He is getting pretty darned demanding, too. I was awakened by him giving a very sharp meow right into my ear one night last week. I didn't let him know that he had woken me up, because I figured if I responded to that at all, I would never have a good night's sleep again!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

He really is, the little poopy-head.

He is getting pretty darned demanding, too. I was awakened by him giving a very sharp meow right into my ear one night last week. I didn't let him know that he had woken me up, because I figured if I responded to that at all, I would never have a good night's sleep again!
The next step is that he'll insert his tongue into your ear, or his paw into your mouth.