Poor hubby...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....today is not helping his stress any! The kids are being a real trail today. Kevin just bit him - hard enough to draw blood. So John did something my mom did to me when I was Kevin's age and a biter - he bit him back. Not too hard, just enough to show that biting hurts. Well Kevin started screaming. He screamed so much that he has just thrown up all over the living room carpet. On the best of days hubby doesn't deal well with barf. Today, he has to rush to make sure Derek doesn't get into, then clean Kevin up then get them into their coats in in the car all within the next half hour. He has a doctor's appointment so he is bring the boys to have lunch with momma (yeah me).

With the day he is having I will be lucky if he comes back to pick them up when his appointment is done.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

....today is not helping his stress any! The kids are being a real trail today. Kevin just bit him - hard enough to draw blood. So John did something my mom did to me when I was Kevin's age and a biter - he bit him back. Not too hard, just enough to show that biting hurts. Well Kevin started screaming. He screamed so much that he has just thrown up all over the living room carpet. On the best of days hubby doesn't deal well with barf. Today, he has to rush to make sure Derek doesn't get into, then clean Kevin up then get them into their coats in in the car all within the next half hour. He has a doctor's appointment so he is bring the boys to have lunch with momma (yeah me).

With the day he is having I will be lucky if he comes back to pick them up when his appointment is done.
I did that to Jennifer once as well when she was into a biting phase. It worked - once she realized it hurt she stopped biting. Poor hubby. I don't think many men are very good at handling barf. I was fortunate with John because he could always deal with it.

I got a chuckle from your comment about him not picking them up. Definitely tempting I'm sure.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch!! I have used that same method with my daughter when she bites.(not a daily thing for her, thank god.) But it gets their attention!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they were angels for me at McDonalds. Kevin wasn't too fond of the walk back to my work - kept asking to be carried (lots of trucks, buses and cars going by - very busy main street). Other then trying to make call with my work phone, they were both angels at work too. Daddy came back for them and off they went.

Don't know what he means when he says they are bad today - they were mommy's little angels.

Hubby has to go at the end of the month for an ultra sound on his shoulder and then maybe get a cortisone shot. Why they can't do anything faster, who knows.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That method worked GREAT for my biters too.I don't know why kids think it's ok to bite!?