black stuff on cat nose help??

timber2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
could any one tell me what is wrong woth my cat, she is 9 mths old who always seems to have black dirt on her nose, she has always had runny eyes and i just wanted to know wat to do??

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TIMBER2

could any one tell me what is wrong woth my cat, she is 9 mths old who always seems to have black dirt on her nose, she has always had runny eyes and i just wanted to know wat to do??
Your cat might have a URI (like a kitty cold). A vet appt is best and you will probably need some kind of topical antibiotic (not expensive and not hard to apply).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

timber2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you i think i will she has had it for a while now, my other cat is pregnent so want to get it sorted fast thanks xx

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it on her nose, or in her nose? If it's in her nose, there is a possibility it could be a blocked tear duct, and/or an eye infection. We had Swanie to the vet because he had black stuff in his nose, and he was always blinking one eye like he was winking,and had a bit of a discharge from his eye. The vet checked and told us it was a blocked tear duct. Later he had a lot more coming out of his eye than normal, so we took him and got some drops for his eye (possible eye infection).

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TIMBER2

thank you i think i will she has had it for a while now, my other cat is pregnent so want to get it sorted fast thanks xx
Misty mentioned another possibilty; in any case a vet check up is in order

And uri's can get passed pretty easily (especially among kittens) so please be careful with your pregnant cat and babies to come.

General PSA: Spay & Neuter! Best favor you can do for your pet

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is little black spots around her nose it might be kitty acne, very common in cats who are fed from plastic bowls ( they tend to harbour infection and bacteria more that ceramic or stainless steel). It is easily cleared up but I would recommend a vet visit.