annes getting spayed.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
right well her kittens are 7 1/2 weeks young now.
they staretd weening about 1 1/2 ago and still now only eats tiny amounts and mostly drinks from mum still. im gonna try and bring anne home the same day because of this , they do the spay on there side so i dont think this will cause to many problems.
now for my question the reason shes being spayed tomorrow is she went into heat last night.
1 she drove me crazy iv never had a fully grown adult go into full heat so this is new to me.
2.... 2 of my toms started fighting last night i think because of it as when i let her have a run about when the kittens were asleep ( she cant get out) they were both trying to *mount* her. i was downstaires at the time but heard her SCREAM out and went rushing to find out what was wrong and my ex stray had just got of her and his *Bits* was out and she was licking her *bits* both the males have been neutered the 11 month old was done at 7 months of age , and the ex stray was neutered in janauray this year when i brought him in , his about 3 years old.
patch the 11 month old has never mated with any cat nor has he ever sprayed so i didnt think he would ever get the *urge* to do anything ?? but boy did he try. and ex stray Tom would probley have sired a few litters being a stray.
right so to get a peacfull nights sleep tonight is there anything i can do to make her more comfy and not cry all night and stop my 2 males fighting??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
noo they are both neutered lol

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tasha, there is not a lot you can do to ease her symptoms for tonight. To stop the boys fighting, keep her away from them. Good luck for tomorrow. The spay may cost you a little more because she is in heat.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

noo they are both neutered lol
phew - was a little confused there

well as mentioned until Annes had her operation your house is gonna be a little up-side-down ! At least the ops tomorrow

sending lots of positive (((((
vibes
))))) for sweet Anne, she'll she be home

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx , they dont charge extra when there in heat , they didnt when my 5 month old kitten went into heat and got spayed back in janauray. and as for keeping her away from the other males i am lol , i let her have run of the house as normal as i didnt think anything would happen because there all neutered , but i was wrong. but she is back in the bedroom , hopefully things will calm down straight away. and im greatfull they booked me in so quickly to.
so anne will FINALLY be spayed after having about 4 litters of kittens poor little mite. im glad i took her on now.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just an update , last night was terrible , she pulled up all the carpet so i couldnt open the bedroom door , she cried all night , she knocked things of my shelves , and just a dam right pain in the bum lol.
she went in this morning ,. i phoned at 5 pm to find out how everything went and shes doing good . i pick her up in the morning , they thought it best to keep her over night.
just a quick question that has come to mind , at the time i didnt think about it , they asked if she was uptodate with her injections. i told them her last owners said she was , but didnt have the papers to prove it, but i am not to sure it was the truth as she has had so many litters and had flees, anyway they told me it wouldnt hurt to start the course again. so they gave her the first one today. but i have read its not advised to do this while pregnant or nursing? but surly they wouldnt do anything that they thought would harm the kittens anyway?

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When a pregnant cat is vaccinated, it can cause severe birth defects in the kittens, especially if she is vaccinated early in the pregnancy. All the literature I have read says that lactating cats shouldn't be vaccinated either, so I'm not sure why they went ahead with that.

And OMG with girls in heat. They are like the devil's spawn

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

And OMG with girls in heat. They are like devil's spawn
My neighbors cat is in heat right now and they let it run around the parking lot. Shes so annoying she just yowls and yowls all stinkin night. Ive lived here 2 years and theyve never kept her in during heat but shes never gotten pregnant. But I could just scream every 2 weeks when that stinking cat goes into heat. She attacks everyone. Shes a nasty little girl.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i know , this is the first time iv had a cat go in to full heat , the only time iv had a cat in heat is a 5 month old kitten she wasnt to noisy but she looked so uncomfy.

i will have to ask them tomorrow morning why they vaccinated her ,it didnt occur to me till about 1/2 hour ago. now there shut. i know she dosnt have much milk left , but the kittens are still quite dependent on her, they were late starting on kitten food. there missing her like crazy though , i did ask if i payed the extra for the drug they use to bring them around quicker if i could bring her home tonight , but they didnt think it was a good idea due to her kittens , she might not have been up to them running about all over her.
so iv made up some lactol and put that in to a dish for now , there drinking it , but still cry a bit , i think they miss the suckling. anything i can try for this?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

My neighbors cat is in heat right now and they let it run around the parking lot. Shes so annoying she just yowls and yowls all stinkin night. Ive lived here 2 years and theyve never kept her in during heat but shes never gotten pregnant. But I could just scream every 2 weeks when that stinking cat goes into heat. She attacks everyone. Shes a nasty little girl.
first of how do you quote sections of a post?

and that poor girl , im suprised she hasnt had a uti yet. are you sure she is deffently in heat? sometimes cat are just very vocal anyway , and a bit nasty.
if she isnt spayed wow how hasnt she falling pregnant ? i would be worried she something wrong if no kittens yet? dont get me wrong its great she hasnt had any, unless the boys are all firing blanks
. is there not nothing you can do , speak with the owners if you can?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

first of how do you quote sections of a post?

and that poor girl , im suprised she hasnt had a uti yet. are you sure she is deffently in heat? sometimes cat are just very vocal anyway , and a bit nasty.
if she isnt spayed wow how hasnt she falling pregnant ? i would be worried she something wrong if no kittens yet? dont get me wrong its great she hasnt had any, unless the boys are all firing blanks
. is there not nothing you can do , speak with the owners if you can?
I just push quote then delete the parts Im not responding to.
I dunno why she hasnt gotten pregnant. I asked the neighbors if she was spayed a few months after I moved in. Because I thought it was strange that she just kept going into heat. I thought I might be wrong. They said that she wasnt spayed and that theyve seen her mate several times but she never got pregnant so they saw no reason to because she must be sterile.
Im trying to convince them to get her spayed but its been two years and they havnt yet.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahh ok , one of the ones who refuses to listen. i find it hard that they dont care enough. i take it you have pointed out she can be exposed ti a male carrying fiv or felv?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well annes home , her kittens are so happy to have her back. i did ask about the vacs and they said it should all be fine , they dont do it while they are pregnant but have never known any problems doing them while thek ittens are nursing.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will do. she seems to have settled right back in , as though she hasnt had any surgery . shes nursing , eating drinking and toileting as normal. but im gonna give her a break from the kittens soon as they will not leave her side , i think they think shes gonna leave them agian.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im sorry i forgot to update. her stools are back to normal , by the next morning she was fine , i did phone up my normal vets who said it was fine as long as it didnt last more then 24 hours which it didnt. thank you for asking .