~My kittens arent doing so good :(~ PICS INCLUDED~

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Youssarian, Tosca and Lazuli has a bad case of the ring worm. The vet gave me some cream to rub on them but its hard to get it to the scalp because of their hair. Anybody know of a home remedy that may help them? They look so painful and itchy. I got it too so I know how they feel but Ive only got a couple spots that are clearing up with the creams I got. I heard to bath them in vinegar?? Does that actually work? They arent doing so good. Not wanting to nurse or eat and Lazuli is getting weak. Ive tried nutrical and they are doing so so on it. Anybody have any other ideas how I can help them out? Here is new pics taken this evening of the babies. They arent looking so good right now. I hear that it will take weeks or longer to get rid of the ring worm and then even longer for hair etc to grow back. They got it on their little head and faces and paws. Its got to be PAINFUL my couple spots are but I couldnt stand having it on my face! I feel sooooooo bad for the little ones!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor babes.....I think I mentioned I read that someone mentioned a natural remedy fo ringworm. I'd try searching for 'ringworm' and seeing what comes up. I have definitely read someothing about ti somewhere. Sorry I cant be more precise.

My heart goes out to the little ones. Its a case of perserverance with the treatment. There is light at the end of the tunnel... but Im a little concerned about them not nursing and getting weak. Perhaps you can contact Gayef or Kumbulu (2 kitten care experts here) and see what they recommend? And chat to your vet too?

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that these little babies pick up and start to get well.

I too would be a bit worried about them not feeding. They can become weak so very quickly.
I would call your vet and ask if maybe you should try feeding them a little or if there is anything else they could suggest.

This must be really hard on you but hang in there....Your doing a great job trying to get these babies well again.

Emma x x

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my experience, cream does nothing to help treat ringworm, except on humans. Program gets rid of ringworm and there are also shampoos you can use. If the ringworm is bad or is proving stubborn, a medication called Griseofulvin can be used but it MUST always be given with a fatty meal such as kitten food or formula.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry what you and the babies are going through. I wish I had some advice on a home remedy but I'm not familar with this at all. I just pray that they start to eat again and feel better soon. Keep us updated. I'll be thinking about them and you.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... and they have such cute meercat names! I don't have any advice but I'll send them some {{{get well soon}}} vibes!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd call the vet and let them know what is going on- if they aren't eating, they may be getting dehydrated, and then they are too tired to eat, so they get more dehydrated...they may need some fluids to perk them back up and get them back on track
. When in doubt with little kittens, especially, since they can go downhill so quickly- call the vet

4catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
poor little ones. Hope things improve for them very soon.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I'd call the vet and let them know what is going on- if they aren't eating, they may be getting dehydrated, and then they are too tired to eat, so they get more dehydrated...they may need some fluids to perk them back up and get them back on track
. When in doubt with little kittens, especially, since they can go downhill so quickly- call the vet
She mentioned in the original post that she has already taken them to the vet and the vet gave her some cream to put on it.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they're refusing to nurse from mumcat, you might have to start bottle-feeding or syringe-feeding. If they still refuse, you may have to ask the vet or vet tech to teach you how to tube feed just to keep them going while they're not well.

If they have ringworm, NoNo most likely has it too, so she will need treatment.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

In my experience, cream does nothing to help treat ringworm, except on humans. Program gets rid of ringworm and there are also shampoos you can use. If the ringworm is bad or is proving stubborn, a medication called Griseofulvin can be used but it MUST always be given with a fatty meal such as kitten food or formula.
actually, i found that anti-fungal cream worked fine on my Pixel - but she was grown at the time.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check with the vet and say they are worse - when mine got it I needed oral meds before it went away, but I don't know if that would be Ok with young kittens.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The HS here has had baby kittens with ringworm. We treat them with cream. When they are older(6-8 weeks), they often still have ringworm. And then often end up being treated with Fulvicin(Griseofulvin).

You are in for a long battle, but it can be won & I know you can do it!

spirita2010

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor babies!! Be careful! Ringworm is contagious! I have had it all over my back before!! But I can see the worry in the babies.
They will make it! Try, and try to get them to eat! Or take them to the vet if they don't eat soon!

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are too sweet to be feeling bad. i don't have any ideas to offer but, i just wanted to offer some get well soon hugs to everyone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~I did take them to the vet already and I called him today because one of the kittens seems weaker than the other 3 but then again he has it the worst too. He told me to watch them because I might not see mom in there with them very often but to check and see if she is nursing them. I brought a big box and put it near my desk in my home office and finally seen she IS indeed nursing them and all 3 are nursing fine. I thought she had stopped nursing them because they were all sick and itcky. She doesnt have a single spot on her which is remarkable since she nurses them and they are touching her. My spots are under controll and are already drying up with the creams and sprays from the doc.~

~Also the cream must take a couple days to help because I see SOME improvement on Lazuli's head now. He almost has no hair on his head except for a mo hawk. Tosca is starting to get the same bald spots on each side of her head and on her ears but hopefully hers wont get that bad with the creams.~

~I also know not to try any crazy remedies on these babies but I do know that somtimes there are safe alternative treatments to help out as well. Somebody mentioned using Apple Cider Vinegar on MY spots so would it possibly help if I gave the kittens a bath in a warm water/vinegar mix? Or is that dangerous to them? Its a LONG road ahead and we are in the process of packing for a move so its going to be a LONG ROUGH BUMPY road for my Meerkat Crew. I know that Oreo has a couple spots on her Im treating and just waiting for NoNo to show some signs too. Hmm that would be so odd if she didnt get any. Is there a way to PREVENT her of getting it from the babies?~

~Well thanks for listing to my sorrows and sadness. I just feel so bad because my legs itch and burn and hurt so I know these babies cant feel too good. The vet said today maybe Lazuli is just feeling worse because he has it the most out of all of them and it can bring a small kitten down to go through a rough battle. Told me to keep feeding the Nutrical along with making sure they are nursing. If he starts losing weight etc Ill switch to bottle feedings. This is killing my children because they cannot touch the babies. Its so aweful to have tiny kittens and not be able to have them run around the floors and play.~

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

She mentioned in the original post that she has already taken them to the vet and the vet gave her some cream to put on it.
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Check with the vet and say they are worse - when mine got it I needed oral meds before it went away, but I don't know if that would be Ok with young kittens.
This is what I was saying- that they may need to be taken back to the vet to make sure they weren't dehydrated, as I gathered this happened (not eating/lethargy) after the initial trip to the vet where the ringworm medicine was prescribed

Glad the vet thought they were okay, and was able to give you the info you needed
. Sorry about everybody's itching! (Including the kids' itching to play with them
)