Five cats dumped.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I went to the rescue centre to scoop the litters and take the two dogs we have there for a walk.

When i was coming down the back alleyway i noticed there was a black cat on the roof of the stores. I climbed up the fire escape and pet her.. I thought she was one of the rescue kitties that might have gotten out. But she didn't look familiar. One of the windows from the apartments above the stores were open, so I figured she came from there and left her alone.

At the door there were 2 boxes, duct taped like crazy. I figured it was yard sale stuff since we had put an ad in the paper about needing stuff.
I picked up the first box and put it aside... and noticed the box beneath was clawed open and there was black cat hair stuck to the duct tape and inside the box.
I went back onto the roof and got the cat down and brought her into the centre, along with the other box which contained a momma cat and her three 5-7 week old kittens.

How people can just dump animals off like this is beyond me.

How the boxes were stacked when I got there (outside though.. mum and babes were still in the top box until i figured out where to put them, so I took the pics inside) The top box had more tape.. but when I lifted it off the other box, I grabbed it by the tape which ripped off and the box fell over.

box that was ripped open

Cat that was in it.

Other box

And it's contents

What makes me mad is that we would have taken them in anyway if they had called and lft a message.

People make me so mad.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how sad!! What precious little things....if only there was a way to lift fingerprints off of dumped kitty boxes like this,and have those responsible prosecuted....or better yet,stuffed and taped into a box and left somewhere.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two cats were left outside our Humane Society in carriers at least. But, we wouldn't have taken them as we're full already.

On the bright side....those cats are safe. They'll be fixed & get good homes. Which is more than can be said about whoever had them!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... what swete faces! At least they got dumped there and not in the garbage! Now, they'll be taken care of and re-homed.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh jeese, what on earth
its just makes me so, so sad to think of all the other boxes, bags etc, that don't get found or left where someone can find them

moving on..........

at least these precious cherubs are gonna be safe and cared for ! please give them all some special tummy rub from us

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so terrible.
They're adorable.
I'm so glad you found them.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those poor, sweet babies. What kind of person thinks taping cats in boxes and dumping them is acceptable?
I'm just glad they're safe and sound now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoever dumped them clearly didn't know what they were doing.

The black cat who was in a seperate box is the mom of the babies, the black and white one hisses and attacked the babies this morning.. so after checking and relizing the black/white one wasn't even producing milk I put the black mama back with her babies, who was so happy to see them.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heavens, the babies would have been starved, and maybe even killed if you had not found them when you did. How can people do such things?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being you got pictures if you ever found out who did it you could report them.

And being the box was not labeled, if nobody came by and realized there were living cats inside, the cats could have eventually starved to death, died from pneumonia if it rained alot, young teens who mabye are troublemakers could have harmed them, or the box picked up as garbage and crushed or run over by a car....

If your going to leave them and even care 1%, label the box that something alive is inside!

Good thing you found them in time their VERY LUCKY!

And the black+white cat looks so small, could it be a runt or another older kitten not related?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Being you got pictures if you ever found out who did it you could report them.

And being the box was not labeled, if nobody came by and realized there were living cats inside, the cats could have eventually starved to death, died from pneumonia if it rained alot, young teens who mabye are troublemakers could have harmed them, or the box picked up as garbage and crushed or run over by a car....

If your going to leave them and even care 1%, label the box that something alive is inside!

Good thing you found them in time their VERY LUCKY!

And the black+white cat looks so small, could it be a runt or another older kitten not related?
well they knew someone would find them withing the next 10 hours. They left them at the side entrance (mainly for volunteer use) and we always come in through that door. There was another lady who showed up an hour after I did, so they would have been found one way or another.

But I know what you are saying, and I agree with it. They didn't even leave air holes or anything.
Some people will write names on the box.. but not often.

Gotta wonder how much these people care about their pet when they write "Beline" for example, on a box and dump it at a rescue.

We got 3 more kittens in today that were dumped in a large dog crate in a ditch just out of town.
A lady was on her way to work and saw the crate in the ditch and went to check it out.
One got away from her, but she brought the 3 remaining ones to us.

This is why I can't go anywhere and not wonder what is in those bags or boxes at the side of the road.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I know this is a disgusting thing to do,but please take some kind of consolation that the sicko's dumped them where they would be found and the little one's are safe.

Just last feb down the road from where I live somebody chained a six month old
puppy up in a rabbit hutch and dumped it out,the poor puppy was so tightly chained
to the inside back of the hutch it couldn't even curl up to keep warm and so froze
to death.
R.I.P little one

These are the lucky ones
and thank you so much for being there for them

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

I know this is a disgusting thing to do,but please take some kind of consolation that the sicko's dumped them where they would be found and the little one's are safe.

Just last feb down the road from where I live somebody chained a six month old
puppy up in a rabbit hutch and dumped it out,the poor puppy was so tightly chained
to the inside back of the hutch it couldn't even curl up to keep warm and so froze
to death.
R.I.P little one

These are the lucky ones
and thank you so much for being there for them
You are right! At least they left them where someone could find them and give them better homes! I would have preferred that the people bring them inside themselves, but hey at least they didn't throw them in a dumpster or something!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What in the world causes people to do this? Thank goodness you were able to match up Mom with her kittens - they are just adorable. I guess, I am wondering if whoever brought them to the shelter "caught" them to try and save them? Maybe that is why the kittens weren't with their mother? I am just trying NOT to think of how stupid this person really was!