I think one of my stitches came loose

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept feeling this stringy thing by my cheek and so I looked in the mirror and see a black looking string~I dunno whether this is bad bad bad or what!!
I thought they used dissovable stitches-but I dont know.

Hmm--may have to call dentist in the morning to be sure....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I kept feeling this stringy thing by my cheek and so I looked in the mirror and see a black looking string~I dunno whether this is bad bad bad or what!!
I thought they used dissovable stitches-but I dont know.

Hmm--may have to call dentist in the morning to be sure....
Might have came untied.

Not to gross anyone out but when I had 9 teeth pulled at once (ouch!) I hated the dentist so badly I refused to go back to her and pulled out my own stitches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Eeks I hope it's nothing!
Oh, its got to be something, because I dont know what else would be black and stringy in my mouth!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's normal. mine did, too just be careful when you eat, though.
I think you should be fine and did they make a check up date for you to see if everything is healing okay?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had all of my teeth pulled a few years ago and I had that to. As the swelling went down, I had more and more of them. I rinsed with salt water several times a day and I am glad I did. When I went back to get the stitches out there was a lady there with all kinds of problems. They took one look at her mouth and they knew she hadn't been rinsing with salt water like they had told her to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's normal. mine did, too just be careful when you eat, though.
I think you should be fine and did they make a check up date for you to see if everything is healing okay?
Yes I go back Thursday

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its normal usually, mine fell out well mine where white though, I had some still half way in too and then it was just there and it would tickle my mouth like crazy so watch out for that
! I shouldnt have done this but I ended up playing with my stitches too when ever they would be half in and half out so to speak
But yes stitches coming out in your mouth from wisdom pulling is normal (well at least it was for me)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The stitches could be naturally black so they are easier to see, or it could just be dried blood. When i got my wisdom tooth taken out a couple of years ago the stitches came out a day later! They were meant to be in for a few days. But nothing was wrong, i kinda kept playing with them with my tongue because they were poking my cheek and annoying me. I healed nicely though

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same thing happened to me! I thought that they dissolved but one was obviously there, they just come out of there own accord. Try not to fiddle with it too much and it will come out when ready!