Month of May Shows

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, since we can't have a separate forum right now - I'll start this monthly one. Anyone who is going to a show this coming month can post the dates and the city/town (and association). Then whoever wants info, can ask or pm the person posting

For us we have two upcoming shows:

ACFA - May 19/20 - Maple Grove, Minnesota

CFA - May 26/27 - Des Moines, Iowa

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to a show - but not showing, so maybe this doesn't count.
Show is a CFA in Concord, NH, May 5 and 6. I started a thread 2 weeks ago, but no one responded that they were going....sigh.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It counts as long as you can give the info to someone that asks for info

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No shows for us until June.
I will be cheering all of you on though!!
I stay in the SC region for the most part.
Although, we hope to get out to the NM TICA show, it is in September, and kids starting school, I am not sure if that is going to be one we make it to, but my fingers are crossed. Some of you may remember a member here, goodness I can't recall their username, but I am hoping to meet their family. Their daughter has been showing her Ragdolls in Jr. Showmanship and she is doing wonderful. They did have a kitten they rescued named Chance, that passed about a year ago, and Sundance was a flame Ragdoll alter, that they were currently showing, I think he has either supremed, or is very close. Some of you may remember them by the information, but for some reason I can't seem to remember the user name.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow, there's one May 12-13 in Raleigh NC, not too far from me. Anyone gonna be showing there? Nial I bet???? I think them bengals might get me to a show...

And I'll DEFINITELY be at the Sept 15-16 one in Winston Salem, that's 15 minutes from the house!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Mark!! I couldn't remember your user name for the life of me.
Mark and his family, also has big news, they championed their Biko and Mystique. Mark, I apologize I am not quite sure color/patterns, and only know their Raggies. Congratulations to you and your families accomplishments and to Biko and Mystique. Is Sundance a Supreme? I do hope to meet your family at the TICA annual, may luck be on our side!! Thank you for stopping back in!!
Hi to all, Stormi

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't think there are any Aussie members from my state, but we are going to this show.

May 13 - GCCFSA - Gepps Cross, SA

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I am going to a show - but not showing, so maybe this doesn't count.
Show is a CFA in Concord, NH, May 5 and 6. I started a thread 2 weeks ago, but no one responded that they were going....sigh.....
I just see the post for this the other day. It is too soon to show the kittens in they will be too young, and it is much too late to register for any way. It is a little too far to just go to watch.
You had mentioned another one in july, mabey? I would like some info on this one. It may be too soon for these guys, but I am thinking that yuki should try another show. I would love to take her to one again.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CFA one day show May 12 in Ann Arbor, MI.

Veeshan and Kingston are entered in this show.

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Stormi!

We did three shows in April to finish out the year. Our blue bi-color Biko received three finals and a 7th best in a Male Congress. Our girl Blue/cream Mitted girl Mystic also finished with three finals. She will retire from showing to become a mommy. Biko was somewhat agitated at the last show. His hormones are coming in and the smells and sounds were getting to him. He'll take a break for the next couple of months.

Sundance is our alter All he needs to Supreme is a best. We think he'll get that in the next show or June. Since the May show is only 1 day he has a good chance but if not then in June he should get it. The June show is a all SP show.

We will be bringing out our Seal Bi-Color boy (Wild Bill) in May. He is new to us but is 1yr 3mos. We just had him scanned for HCM and he weighed in at 16lbs. His boning and size is superb. He is already a Grand in TICA and a Champion in CFA. I think he will go far.

Congrats again on your little boy Koda! Hope that you do get to go to NM for the Annual. It would be so nice to meet you and your family.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so psyched there is a show in NM!!! It is a 3 hour drive for me, but I am going to mark my calander and do my best to get there. As the time gets closer I would love to meet up with anyone going.

hehehhe, I am so excited, wish is was sooner than september!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I just see the post for this the other day. It is too soon to show the kittens in they will be too young, and it is much too late to register for any way. It is a little too far to just go to watch.
You had mentioned another one in july, mabey? I would like some info on this one. It may be too soon for these guys, but I am thinking that yuki should try another show. I would love to take her to one again.
The Show is in Bedford, NH on the 7th of July. It is a one day show, but I understand that it is pretty big. I believe it is a CFA event. I will do some more research and get more information for you. How old so the kittens have to be to be shown?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

The Show is in Bedford, NH on the 7th of July. It is a one day show, but I understand that it is pretty big. I believe it is a CFA event. I will do some more research and get more information for you. How old so the kittens have to be to be shown?
4 months exactly on the date of the show!

I'm putting on a 6 ring one day show on the same date in July!
BUt over here in Kuala Lumpur of course

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I would really like to find a cat show by Phoenix. I have been wanting to go to a cat show for awhile. So I searched the internet and here's one that I found:

TICA: Tuscon, AZ; Coatimondi Cat Club
November 30, December 1, and December 2

**If anyone hears about a show in Arizona- preferably close to Phoenix... Please let me know!!! Thanks!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Holy cow, there's one May 12-13 in Raleigh NC, not too far from me. Anyone gonna be showing there? Nial I bet???? I think them bengals might get me to a show...

And I'll DEFINITELY be at the Sept 15-16 one in Winston Salem, that's 15 minutes from the house!
No,
those are CFA shows. Bengals are feline-non-grata at CFA shows.

They don't like cats with wild blood in their show halls or their registry. Their loss IMO.

I will be at the TICA Raleigh show in July. It's the South East regional, so a big show, held at the fairgrounds. Jack should be getting some regional awards so we're going and will be showing our new crew for the upcoming show season.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

No,

They don't like cats with wild blood in their show halls or their registry. Their loss IMO.

I will be at the TICA Raleigh show in July. It's the South East regional, so a big show, held at the fairgrounds. Jack should be getting some regional awards so we're going and will be showing our new crew for the upcoming show season.
That is awful, something I just learned though. Our Ragdolls can only be shown in the bicolor pattern in CFA as well, just this past year were the mitted and colorpoint varieties, accepted for AOV status. Most of the CFA shows, we have thought about showing one of our AOV Ragdolls, still want the same amount to show as a Ragdoll, who does get points and titles, so we have stayed loyal to TICA. I also think their loss with your beautiful Bengals, and our mitted and colorpoint Ragdolls. The Ragdoll is much more than just the bicolor, in certain litters, such as a mitted to mitted breeding, it is possible to produce the mitted, colorpoint, and bicolor patterns in one litter. Go Figure. The only thing I dislike about TICA, is that almost anything goes, you can bring in a moggie, and if bred back to a purebred again, in enough generations, you can bring it from an A generation to C generation and then SBT. I realize that this is important for certain purposes, however, I think they have allowed the rules to be a little too flexible. This is only my opinion.
As far as ACFA, I really don't know their rules, most of their shows are very far away, so I haven't joined them. I believe they have accepted all colors included the pointed Ragamuffins for championship status. I think as for Ragdolls they accept the 3 patterns, but I am not sure if they accept the lynx and tortie, again, I am not sure how ACFA works, so my thoughts above could be completely false. This is what I have heard, and thought.

While these associations are the 3 major associations here, they do have very different thoughts in different areas.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

No,

GRRR, their loss for sure, Nial. And I might have to see if I can convince Dave to head to Raleigh. I dunno if he likes cats THAT much, but we'll see....