~Feeling sad.....~missing my dad.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just feel like crying right now.
I have been talking to my brother on yahoo messenger and we got to talking about my dad.....now I am sad. I miss him soooo much!!! I hate the fact that hes buried 2 1/2 hrs away and I cant get back there very often.

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost my mom and I feel the same way. It just painfull, especially when I go by a place I used to visit w/her and now I don't get to do that anymore. Or do an activity we used to share.
Hang in there, I know it hurts.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cry! You have to grieve! You will have days like this but you have to find a way to deal with your emotions. You don't have to visit his grave site to talk to him.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with crying. He will always be with you - you can talk to him any time.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monica, you have the right to cry.You miss him and want to see him.Go in a room by yourself and talk to him.That always helps me when I feel really down and miss my Dad.
When we were told that Seth had to have his surgury, I went into the bathroom and talked to my Dad and asked him to hold Seth's hand so he wouldn't be scared and to watch over him.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, it's ok to cry. Everybody does from time to time. You miss your dad and you love him... there's nothing to be ashamed of in tears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the caring thoughts.
Theres just days that hes on my mind, more than others. I hate that hes buried so far away.
Maybe it has to do with Memorial Day around the corner.....I know I will be back to visit his grave then.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Thank you all so much for the caring thoughts.
Theres just days that hes on my mind, more than others. I hate that hes buried so far away.
Maybe it has to do with Memorial Day around the corner.....I know I will be back to visit his grave then.
Awe hunny I hope u feel better, its ok to cry I know I do sometimes when I am missing my pap! Also u can always talk to ur dad, I always "talk" to my pap! But its ok

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hugs*

I know how that feels. Both of my parents died back in 1978 (9 months apart). Sometimes talking about them makes me teary too. Both of my parents are buried in the City that I live in. However I have only been to my Mom's gave once, and that was back in the early 1990's, and I've never been to my Dad's. I don't feel a need to go.

I'm not a religious person, but I know that they aren't in the grave....their bones are, but that's not them. The essence of who they were is not there: it's inside me through my memories and feelings I hold them near to me everyday.

Their physical bodies are gone, but they aren't. You can reach out and touch them anytime you want just by remembering them with love, and I believe that somehow they know how you turned out in life and all that has gone on with you.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.
I can't imagine the pain you are going through.
You are in my thoughts.
he will always be with you in your heart.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m sorry your feeling sad today. I know how you feel though. My mum died 11 years ago and soon after I moved away so haven`t visited her grave for about 9 years but your memories are what counts and I know it`s a clich`e but it gets easier. You never forget and somedays you`ll cry but the sadness is replaced by happy memories.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monica, it doesn't matter how often you get to his grave.He's not there, just his resting place for his body.He IS with you all the time.
My Dad is burried in Michigan and I am in West Virginia.I've been to his grave a total of 3 times and he passed away in 2005.
once was his actual burial
next was when I helped Mom pick out his marker
and then just over this past Summer

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying is good for you. Its part of the grieving process and I don't think we ever stop grieving for the one's we love. It gets easier but its not something you can "get over".

I lost both my parents a few years ago, and sometimes it still hits me in the face. One thing I've done in every place I've lived since then (and, we've moved three times since mom passed) is the first thing I do when we are moving in is hang our last family portrait. It wouldn't be home without it and it makes it feel like they are there in a way. Like they are still watching over me.

I hope you get over this rough patch. And memorial day could be part of it. But, anytime you need to talk there are plenty of ears here to listen and shoulders to cry on.