kitten pics - 11 days old

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's are some pics Ive taken of the kittens today
Sorry they are not the clearest of pics but my digital camera doesnt work well without flash, so i had to use my mobile phone camera.

Here's Reuben the playful poser.....

And here's Eden, who unlike her brother is very shy and doesnt like the limelight lol.

Both of them sleeping

I know it may sound silly...but I feel something special about Reuben (don't get me wrong I love Eden to bits too)...I feel that my Gizmo who passed away in January is somehow watching him or in him or around him...I know it sounds like Im mad. And only the spiritual people may understand. But I feel Gizmo's presence when Im with Reuben.

The two do look alike (see below). And since just 7 days old, little Reuben has been coming out of the crate when i'm there to lie next to me and cuddle up or play (Ive never known a kitten like that). He rolls on his tummy, just like Gizmo did (see pics below) and loves it when I gently play with his feet (just like Gizmo did). Im almost in tears as I write this. In fact, Im in tears (of joy) when Im around little Reuben a lot of the time.

Gizmo

Reuben

On a different note, they were both born very dark...the dark on them was black. Now it looks like Reuben is going grey and Eden is going brown!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww heck, look at those little cherubs - and look at Ruben, you know I think you are right about Gizmo, that photo is somewhat spooky

Eden is such a little Princess
she is a treasure.......sweet, just sweet

Hows mum doing ?

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful babies.

There is something very special about a love you give your cat and the love you recieve in return. It must be wonderful for you to feel something of your Gizmo around you with these adorable babies. Cats are very intuitive (spelling??) and im sure he knows he is giving you great comfort which is why he chooses to be with you.

I had a major tummy op about 18 months ago and was in bed for 4 weeks. Boo hardly left my side. she used to sleep next to me with her paw accross my stomach. Im sure she knew I needed that comfort from her and she was only too happy to give it. These cats are wonderful and my life wouldnt be the same without them so I understand completely.

Emma x x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Hows mum doing ?
Olivia is doing very well - thanks for asking
She is doing a great job of looking after the kittens, but also loves to sneak out of the crate and go snuggle with Theodore or Boris for some 'Time Out' when the kittens are sleeping lol.

She is eating LOADS! And is soooo affectionate
I love her to bits!

Im just looking when to arrange her spay. What do you guys think? Do I wait once the kittens are weaned and no longer drinking from her? There is no way she can get outside now due to our new indoor-only cat proofing interior alterations lol

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

I know it sounds like Im mad. And only the spiritual people may understand. But I feel Gizmo's presence when Im with Reuben.
These are wonderful pictures despite being a little fuzzy. And I for one do not think you are in the least way mad. There are things that some of us are more in tune to than others. That does not make us mad in the least.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're already 11 days old! Wow, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago they were born
They are so sweet, growing up to be little cuties