Savannah cat gets serious alitude

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... and when he re-plays them in slo-mo it's like the cat is barely putting any effort into it! Very impressive.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - but consider this - the cat is long legged and tall - over the average cat, so it should be able to jump that high

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! What a joy one of those cats must be to have around the house.

I don't think he was jumping very high relative to his size at the beginning, but towards the end (the "let's go big" part), I was definitely a little surprised... that is one heck of a jump for a cat!!! My Ziggy is very tall and long (not as big as that cat), and he still doesn't jump much higher than my 6 pound Burmese.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and did you notice he set up his dining room as his cat play area? Truly a cat person.
And handsome and male, too.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh, my dining room is the kitty area too.. well, except that there is a treadmill and a desk/computer in there, but apparently that's a cat area as well. Just ask them.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW!!!! That is seriously amazing. I think all potential Bengal owners should watch that and some exercise wheel videos just to show how athletic these kitties are!

Is there any risk of Savannah hurting herself landing awkwardly on the chairs though? She's so focussed on the toy she's not really watching where she's landing.... I'm such a worrier

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

WOW!!!! That is seriously amazing. I think all potential Bengal owners should watch that and some exercise wheel videos just to show how athletic these kitties are!

Is there any risk of Savannah hurting herself landing awkwardly on the chairs though? She's so focussed on the toy she's not really watching where she's landing.... I'm such a worrier
Bengals can jump high, but usually not that high. The cat in the Video is a cross between an African Serval and a Bengal. He is a first generation cross and still a kitten in the video. Pretty sure he'll get bigger. He's just awesome though. I would love to have one as a pet and friend for my bengals.

Thankfully, kittens are like gumby's, they seem to bounce off hard objects like bean bags and are no worse for wear.
But, I do have to be very careful with mine, because you're right, they never seem to care where they land and there is the potential to get hurt.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a worrier too. Takoda is the jumper in our house. I don't know how many times my husband has had to move fast to catch Takoda because he doesn't care where he lands. I normally have to hold my breathe or close my eyes. Takoda just seems to fly across the room.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh it's a Savannah breed, not a cat called Savannah...

I know with our Stumpy, when we play with the laser pointer with her, she gets so focussed, she'd run into walls and knock her self unconcscious if we got the red dot too close to a wall!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous looking creature, I love her ears! Never seen one in real life.

I have to say that although it was some impressive jumping, I think that Radar does just as well in comparison to his body size - he's a small cat and I have seen him jump 6 feet vertically upwards from standing still (leaving evidence in the form of a paw-squished fly near the top of the sitting room door). I wish I had a video camera to capture him doing it.