Best friend, bad news

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max rang earlier and told me that his best friend here in Perth has bowel cancer. He has a good prognosis, and I suppose for want of a better way of putting it, bowel cancer is the one you want if you have to get cancer at all - there are so many great treatments and the prognosis is very good, but it's just that he only turned 30 two weeks ago, he's just got engaged and bought a house, his business is going crazy and he's so busy....it's just a real blow. He's a `tough guy' on the outside but I know he gets very stressed and anxious about things, and this is very scary.

He starts chemotherapy on Thursday and I just wondered if I could presume to ask for some special TCS vibes for him? He and his fiancee are our bestest friends, we love them dearly and I can't imagine the stress they are going through at the moment. This has been a wake-up call to him I think, to slow down and take better care of himself, but it's a horrible way to realise that - especially so young.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes that the chemo goes well and the cancer can got into remission or be vanquished!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll definately send vibes out his way! I hope that his treatment goes well. It sounds like he has alot of support.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I don't know whether to be terrified or positive. I worked in Gastroenterology for many years and saw many, many patients recover from bowel cancer. And much older, sicker people than him. But I'm still in shock that it's happened and he's so young. Makes you horribly aware of your own mortality in a way you don't want to face, but sometimes have to

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing all the best for your friend and his family.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Thanks everyone. I don't know whether to be terrified or positive. I worked in Gastroenterology for many years and saw many, many patients recover from bowel cancer. And much older, sicker people than him. But I'm still in shock that it's happened and he's so young. Makes you horribly aware of your own mortality in a way you don't want to face, but sometimes have to
Thoughts and prayers going out to your friend. I know what you mean about being aware of your mortality...I just found out yesterday my best friend has breast cancer and she's only 38. It's scary. But, being young may work in his favor...chemo maybe won't bother him too much, and he is stronger than most older people would be. I'll keep him in my prayers.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of positive vibes heading his way xxxxxxxx

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh is such a shock when we get news like that
For some reason we think these things only happen to other people

I am sending my best wishes for a positive outcome, he'll have a lot of support and love around him and the fact he is young, whilst is so scary, will help him