TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Kojak lost his collar in the house and i can't find it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kojak lost his collar in the house and i can't find it!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Last night i was scratching little Kojak's neck when i noticed he didn't have his collar on! I think he got under a piece of furniture and maybe it came off (please not it didn't fit him like it should- it was a wee bit big - if it had been adjusted just right it should not have come off- but he had outgrown his baby collar and this new one was a bit big i guess) Uhh i can't find it anywhere! We searched high and low last night and i looked again tonight. I think the gnomes stole it I'm upset though because it has ALL of his id on it- his home again microchip tag, his shelter tag (if he gets lost in this area and someone finds him- the shelter i work at is the one he's supposed to go to ) and his name tag with my number and info. He's indoors only but i'm just praying he doesn't sneak out right now without a collar on and get lost. (he's really curious!) He is microchipped though so i'm glad i had that done. I'm still trying to find that darn collar though! I looked under places i thought a kitty might put them (and even in the litter pan) no luck! Any suggestions??? I'm going to look again later for it.
post #2 of 17
Well, since you know he didn't go outdoors, he might have slipped it off on accident and could have been playing with it and pushed it under couch, or stove, or refridgerator...etc. I would begin there. I would also check in the cushions of the couch...it has to be somewhere afterall...
post #3 of 17
I say look in any of his favorite hiding places. Maybe one of the pups got ahold of it and hid it?
Good luck finding it Nikki!!!
post #4 of 17
Where ever it shouldn't or couldn't be, look there!

Naughty Kojak!
post #5 of 17
I bet he hid it on purpose


But you mention that if it fit right it shouldn't have come off. Don't you want it to come off if he gets caught up on something? If it's tight and won't slip over the head that means he could get hung up on something and strangle himself.
post #6 of 17
It's probably hiding in plain sight! That's where I always find my guy's collars.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBear View Post
I bet he hid it on purpose


But you mention that if it fit right it shouldn't have come off. Don't you want it to come off if he gets caught up on something? If it's tight and won't slip over the head that means he could get hung up on something and strangle himself.
sorry! i should reword that the collar was quite big on his neck- so that's likely why it slipped off (it was the one left in the small store i was in that i thought would fit him best but it was still a bit large) it is a kitty safe collar- so even properly fitting- he can squeeze out of it if he get stuck or hung on something and escape i think the collar was just too loose around his neck though and it just slipped off easily and that's how he lost it. If only i could find it though!
post #8 of 17
Lily had a blue floral collar, and Stumpy had a pink one the same. Lily CONSTANTLY lost her blue collar, and one day we completely lost it and couldn't find it anywhere.

So we got her a new one - a pink one just like Stumpy's, and a pink one the same for Smudge as well. The same day we got home with the new collar, we found her old one...

AND she has never taken her new pink collar off. It's the same brand and style, just mostly pink rather than blue. So maybe she just didn't want a boy colour?

Anyway, so as soon as you buy a new one, you'll find the old one. And maybe Kojak is like Lily and just doesn't think it's good enough for his beautiful neck?

It is a pain that it has all his ID on it
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Lily had a blue floral collar, and Stumpy had a pink one the same. Lily CONSTANTLY lost her blue collar, and one day we completely lost it and couldn't find it anywhere.

So we got her a new one - a pink one just like Stumpy's, and a pink one the same for Smudge as well. The same day we got home with the new collar, we found her old one...

AND she has never taken her new pink collar off. It's the same brand and style, just mostly pink rather than blue. So maybe she just didn't want a boy colour?

Anyway, so as soon as you buy a new one, you'll find the old one. And maybe Kojak is like Lily and just doesn't think it's good enough for his beautiful neck?

It is a pain that it has all his ID on it

Bless her heart- she's too cute!! I guess i'm just a little freaked out that i can't find it- because working at a shelter just about every single day we have animals (many times indoors only who have gotten loose!) come in with no id and no way to find their owners. It's frightening to me. Even though ALL of my furbabies are indoors only with proper id/etc i still always worry about "what if" - working at a shelter sooo doesn't help that Kojak is microchipped-so that does ease my mind a little. I looked around the house a minute ago- still no luck...so i will have to try again in a little bit. Kojak was even helping me....i was laying in the floor with a flash light trying to look under the furniture and he kept swatting my ponytail
post #10 of 17
Hahaah he's so cute!! Such a helpful boy
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Hahaah he's so cute!! Such a helpful boy
hehe now the little stinker is attacking his scratching post colin built for him! Glad it has a base!!!! He enjoys swinging from the top sisil strings
post #12 of 17
Ohhh yeah - the sisal string on ours is VERY popular as well!! They LOVE attacking that!!!!
post #13 of 17
Be sure to check behind n between the washer n dryer, I have no idea how many ties i've found mousies and doll socks (Spook's favorite human thng to steal) behind there. I think he uses that space as his cache.
But if Kojak doesnt go in the laundry room check behind your desk, yet another fave of Spooks...
post #14 of 17
Some cats just lose collars! Welington does - usually I can find them quite quickly, but I am still hunting his smart black/diamond one that he lost three months ago. I always keep a couple of spare collars with ID cylinder tags so that if a collar gets lost at least you can immediately put a new one on with correct information.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Colin found the missing collar when i was at work! And he found it in the window sill of all places Who knows how it got there...my guess would be he lost it in another part of the house then carried it to the window sill (he's weird about carring things around) So yea!!! missing collar is found now! And Colin's going to punch another hole in the collar so that we can make sure it fits properly
post #16 of 17
YAY!! So glad to hear the collar was found. Now yu dont have to try to get your hand on another set of IDs for a new collar... Good idea on the extra hole!!
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateure View Post
YAY!! So glad to hear the collar was found. Now yu dont have to try to get your hand on another set of IDs for a new collar... Good idea on the extra hole!!
me too! i was really wondring where it was hiding!!!i'm soo glad colin found it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Kojak lost his collar in the house and i can't find it!