dang my neighboor creeps me out.

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is into real estate. Buying, bulilding, selling.
Whenever he sees me he tells me that if I want to sell my house he'll buy it. It's like he's crossing his fingers that I'll HAVE to sell it. Asking how much do I think it's worth it or how many square feet.

I am just finding him way creepy.
Anywya. Got that off my chest.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oregon

He is into real estate. Buying, bulilding, selling.
Whenever he sees me he tells me that if I want to sell my house he'll buy it. It's like he's crossing his fingers that I'll HAVE to sell it. Asking how much do I think it's worth it or how many square feet.

I am just finding him way creepy.
Anywya. Got that off my chest.
Tell him to mind his business!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tell him since he is such a pest about it. That you wont do business with him even if you do make the choice to sale it

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tell him he's creepy. He's not being polite to you, why should you be to him! Evrytime he walks up to you, start with "Nope, not selling my house today either" and smile at him. He'll probably be so confused he'll just quit.

Incidentally, don't be surprised if he already knows, most stuff like that is public record (prior selling price, square footage, property dimensions, etc)

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just tell him to find business elsewhere especially if you aren't planning on going anywhere. That would just annoy me to have someone pestering me all the time about selling.
It seems like he's trying to pressure you into selling and that needs to stop.
I would just ignore him and not even acknowledge that he exists.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried to be friendly. I want good relationshiop w/my neighboors. I just find this guy arrogant and graspy. I think this is the second or third time I told him I wasn't selling.
He just gets on my nerves. I am working to jobs to make ends meet and pay the bills and this guy feel like a vulture circling over head.
If I do wind up selling & God, Godess, the Big Cat in the Sky knows it won't be to him.
jeeeepers!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Real Estate Agents are always looking to make a sale.

The Real Estate market is very hot right now and it's not uncommon for agents to go canvassing homes looking to see if people are interested in selling. My brother gets 1 or 2 such vists per week to his house.

I don't think your neighbour is doing it to creep you out. He's probably just hot after a sale. And while most people small talk about weather, he's probably just doing the same, only with real estate.

I boubt he means any harm

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be too worried, I don't think he means to be a creep. That's just how real estate agents make money, they have to be the first to jump on a good sale.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oregon

If I do wind up selling & God, Godess, the Big Cat in the Sky knows it won't be to him.
jeeeepers!
I like that!

It is probably the type of guy he is. Ya know how some people cannot leave work at work? Maybe he needs a hobby other than work
I've know people who are always workin it and they are irritating.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell him
&^%*(&%()*^&^$&^$*%*!!!!!!!!!

I would seriousely smack him on the side of the head

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Although I doubt he means much harm by it I can see how irritating and annoying that could be. If it were me I would approach him myself and politely advise him that you have no intention of selling your house in the near future and that if you were to you would make an informed decision on the subject privately. Thank him for his interest and then firmly reitterate that you are not interested in discussing it again. That way you are making it clear to him without having a falling out with him. That would be my suggestion. Good luck

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know he doesn't mean any harm. It's just money to him, but my home to me. And I still find him creepy that and his party last night was pretty loud until three am. But to be fair he doesn't do that often and he is a young guy.
Thank you all for your advice. I think I'll just skip the one likely to get arrested though

Ok. Feel better know. You all have a fantastic start of the week and a great week to follow!

Ciao!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask him "don't you have ANYTHING else to talk about?" - then just turn away and keep working and ignore him. When and if he ever has something constructive to talk about, then talk to him.

And yes, he'd be the last person I'd use if I needed to sell my house

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just spoke to one of my neighboors, one that I like, he told me that he also has been approched to sell his property. The tycoon to be wants to raze everything to the ground to build a large apt complex.
I whish a nice mellow family had moved in instead. oh well.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) Is he an agent/broker or a "flipper"? Flippers buy for the investment of fixing up and then selling ASAP. I find flippers much more annoying than actual brokers. They're often the ones who buy the "no money down real estate system" crap sold on infomercials. I moved out of one building when it was bought by someone with this mentality.

2) Is the area zoned for apartments? It may not be, or the regulations may be so stringent that it can't get built the way he envisions it. The final joke may be that he might be sitting on empty land!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Scare him away by telling him some outrageous scary thing! Like:

"I wouldn't want to sell it to you until after my last real estate agent has finished decomposing in the basement!"

or ask him something really inappropriate, such as;

"When was the last time you had a good elimination? You look a little impacted, would you like to come in for a cup of colon cleansing tea?"

If that doesn't scare him away, tell him you will sell for 73.5 billion, and not a million less!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just say thanks for asking, ask for his business card and say that if you do decide, you will call, but that you don't plan on selling in the near future. If you have his card, hopefully he will think (wrongly of course) that you will go to him 1st!