Grrr I swear..Banks suck.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear I am so moving banks. Soon as my DD hits my account and bills are paid for the money I am outta that bank. I am so cheesed. Yes they are open 7days a week which is convient. but Grr.

So steve goes in today to cash a check he got for playing a gig money we are gonna use for my bday next week.

they tell him he cant cash it..uh..excuse me?

He was told by the little snot behind the counter.. (shes always rude to us) "Oh your rent check hasnt cleared yet"

"Yes it has..a while ago actually"

"Oh well I cant cash it for you"

Rather than get into an arguement He just left and came home.

So I called the customer help line thing, got another not so helpfull person. And was than told. Oh because you made a deposit on so and so date was out of state its not avalible to you yet. so your techinally negative.

what the heck? my online banking says nothing about that, their automated system says nothing about that..

the checks cashed, were payroll checks from steves work. last friday.

Oh..and get this..

we cant cash the other check until Tuesday

Yup I thik its time for a new bank..this isnt the first time they have "held money hostage" as we like to say.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definately switch banks if they are giving you all that BS. I also don't tolerate rude and ignorant people. I'm sure you could find someone who would appreciate your business better. One last thing...I would tell anyone you know NOT to go their because of their bad customer service and business as a bank.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are so many banks out there that would love your business. But if you can, I'd recommend a credit union. Consumers underestimate how valuable a credit union can be. They are non-profit and go the extra mile for their customers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup we will be moving. I found one we would like to go too. So..PFFt on the stupid bank and I will be telling everyone about it for sure.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DUMB??? was the check you were cashing larger than your balence in the bank??? If so MY bank has a rule about not cashing a check larger than the amount in the account...

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think most banks have a rule like that, it's not that they are holding your money hostage, they are just making sure that any check you deposit will clear prior to giving you money.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

There are so many banks out there that would love your business. But if you can, I'd recommend a credit union. Consumers underestimate how valuable a credit union can be. They are non-profit and go the extra mile for their customers.
I agree, credit unions are the best! We were with M&T and they did that do us constantly! Our tax returns will be in the account online, but there is a hold placed on it for 3-5 days. Its a treasury check for pete's sake!! If we checked online and saw it was there and then wrote checks on it, we were charged for insufficient funds! It was in our "total balance" not in our "available balance" until that 3-5 business days.

We went to a credit union and they have been awesome! They actually know me when I come into the bank, and they care. If there is a problem they will try to figure out what when wrong and if it isn't your fault, then you are not charged.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

DUMB??? was the check you were cashing larger than your balence in the bank??? If so MY bank has a rule about not cashing a check larger than the amount in the account...
Nope..it was not..infact it was considerably smaller.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

I think most banks have a rule like that, it's not that they are holding your money hostage, they are just making sure that any check you deposit will clear prior to giving you money.
The issue is..that we were not trying to deposit or withdraw anything. And we had..fourtimes the amount for the check that was going to be cashed.. in the bank...

not All of the funds are from payroll either. half of it was a cash deposit.

Overall my biggest annoyance was the rudeness i and my husband were treated with. If i treated my customers the way they did. I woldnt have a job.