Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, Chat Room is Live -

Click here to join

Ok the Skypecast is live here

You need to have Skypecast installed for this link to work. Once you click, your browser may ask you if you want to allow Skypecast to launch that window - accept it and you should be fine.

If you still can't get it to work, then go to your Skype and ask to add me as a contact. My username is thecatsite.com. I will then have you on my contact list and will add you to the chat room manually.

See you all there! The audio broadcast should be starting in approx. 15 minutes. I will be posting the link to it here. If you still don't have Skypecast, hurry up and download it at www.skypecast.com!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bumpity Bump!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I'm there but how do I talk without actually "talking"? My built in mic isn't very good.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone else using a Mac for Skypecasts? If so, what version of Skype do you have?

And SalemWitchChild - I believe Skype is a pretty safe program to install. Google for "skype spyware" and that'll let you know of any known issues.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Anyone else using a Mac for Skypecasts? If so, what version of Skype do you have?

And SalemWitchChild - I believe Skype is a pretty safe program to install. Google for "skype spyware" and that'll let you know of any known issues.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did it and got conflicting opinions. But from the looks of it there are additions you can download with Skype that are spyware. But the initial program is not.. It's confusing to say the least. I think since the pc I'm on is not mine I'll pass.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It was great indeed! Thank you Tania!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh, and we do have a recording after all! I'll make it available by tomorrow. Thanks again everyone, and special thanks to our wonderful host, Gaye!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you to you, Anne.

And apologies for not remembering to mention that you created Kitten Rescue for Mary Anne and I!
I'll remember next time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

If I download the skyscape it doesn't put other useless programs in does it? Or spyware?
No, and no. It's a pretty established program, especially in Europe and the Middle East, and a lot of fun. You can have a live chat with other Skype users, or talk to them directly. Tania/Kumbulu and I talked for quite a while last night, free of charge. Can you imagine what the cost of a "normal" phone call between Australia and Germany would be?

Originally Posted by Kumbulu

I downloaded Skype and didn't get any spyware.

The TCS Skypecast was GREAT!
It was. You're a "natural" for such a program, Tania, and have a wonderful, soothing voice - no wonder kittens thrive under your care.

Originally Posted by Anne

Oh, and we do have a recording after all! I'll make it available by tomorrow. Thanks again everyone, and special thanks to our wonderful host, Gaye!
Gaye is just the person for the job, as she's never lost for words, and has such a terrific sense of humor. Besides, she does fabulous cat imitations!

Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Thank you to you, Anne.

And apologies for not remembering to mention that you created Kitten Rescue for Mary Anne and I!
I'll remember next time.
Kitten Rescue is a real life saver, so thanks to all three of you! This gorgeous boy, Joplin, wouldn't have made it without that site:

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

... special thanks to our wonderful host, Gaye!
*blush* Awwww, shucks! I had such a good time that thanks really are unnecessary! I hope Ryan isn't mad at me for my line of questioning though! It was all in fun, Ryan, I promise it was just all in fun!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You're a "natural" for such a program, Tania, and have a wonderful, soothing voice - no wonder kittens thrive under your care.
I must agree! First of all, I love an Aussie accent and Tania does it proud with a very sweet, soothing and melodic voice. Just the kind of comforting thing for those orphaned little sweetlings she rescues.

Gaye is just the person for the job, as she's never lost for words, and has such a terrific sense of humor. Besides, she does fabulous cat imitations!
*blush* I am never at a loss for words because my mouth is always running! If I could learn to shut up for more than 30 seconds, it might be helpful to those who actually wanted to get a word in edgewise. *LOL* I almost decided to allow Lexus to come into the room with me while doing the broadcast. She is a very chatty cat and loves to hear herself talk, so maybe next time she will come in and say Hello to everyone.

Kitten Rescue is a real life saver, so thanks to all three of you! This gorgeous boy, Joplin, wouldn't have made it without that site:
What a precious baby! And I love the kitten-rescue site, down to the look and feel in the construction. It has provided me with information numerous times in the middle of the night when I didn't have anywhere else to turn ... and allowed me to feel confidence in the care of my kittens. Along with having such a great Mother in Lexus, I credit kitten-rescue.com for all of the fat, happy and healthy babies we've been blessed to know in our house. Many, many thanks and much gratitude to Tania, Mary Anne Miller and to Anne for developing it for us - it is such a great resource!