Friends with useless advice - bit of a rant

autumnblueangel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've just spent the past 3 days in absolute hell.

I'm moving interstate and have settled on just flying my 9 cats, instead of driving - and thank god for that, as the so called driver is the one involved in my huge headache.

My seemingly friend has been giving me the nastiest advice he could.

One such comment, was how, I shouldn't have so many cats, and turning to my dad, said, we should get some of that green stuff the vets have - aka the euthanasia drugs.

He consistently made comments on how we should just let them all out, to run on the road and be hit and killed.

Even when I told him to STFU, and started screaming obscenities at him, he just raised his voice to repeatedly inform me, I am CRAZY, I AM STUPID, I AM PATHETIC, DIRTY, my cats stink, that they're horrible, I should just dump them, have them put to sleep - just get "rid of them".

He blames them for my stress in moving, blames them for what he thinks my life is "chaotic" and has been harassing me about them for days.

Right now, I'm sitting here fuming. He has not only insulted me, he has been downright rude and disrespectful. I was ready to throw him out.

A

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Simply put, that's not what I would consider a friend..
I second that.

Though it can be worse.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Autumnblueangel

I've just spent the past 3 days in absolute hell.

I'm moving interstate and have settled on just flying my 9 cats, instead of driving - and thank god for that, as the so called driver is the one involved in my huge headache.

My seemingly friend has been giving me the nastiest advice he could.

One such comment, was how, I shouldn't have so many cats, and turning to my dad, said, we should get some of that green stuff the vets have - aka the euthanasia drugs.

He consistently made comments on how we should just let them all out, to run on the road and be hit and killed.

Even when I told him to STFU, and started screaming obscenities at him, he just raised his voice to repeatedly inform me, I am CRAZY, I AM STUPID, I AM PATHETIC, DIRTY, my cats stink, that they're horrible, I should just dump them, have them put to sleep - just get "rid of them".

He blames them for my stress in moving, blames them for what he thinks my life is "chaotic" and has been harassing me about them for days.

Right now, I'm sitting here fuming. He has not only insulted me, he has been downright rude and disrespectful. I was ready to throw him out.

A
This person would be out of my life as soon as they turned their back.

It's not worth having a person like that around you. They suck all the energy out of a room.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get rid of him.
Sometimes it can be hard for people to understand if they arn't animal lovers but the things he said there is no excuse for. If he could be that heartless to even think such things I wouldn't want him in my life at all. Not worth it and it seems he isn't that good with people either. I think you should dump him on the side of the road.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, I have to say get rid too. Someone like that really isn't worth all your energy. Someone who can be so heartless and rude isn't worth a penny. Your'e better than a 'friend' like that.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People like that are worse than useless. But I am glad you are flying the cats - it will be less stressful for them and you. As I said before, I did a two day trip with 5 cats across Europe, and it went well, but I would not do it again in a hurry.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that to all of the above. Some friend.
I'd be kicking his behind to the curb so fast, he wouldn't know what hit him..

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me that person is just rude, inconsiderate, uncaring and just an idiot -which spells out JERK! I would dump him so fast he wouldn't know what hit him. I would also recommend that he get the "green stuff" because no one in their right mind would want him!

He has me fuming so bad I could spit.
If I would you, I would dump him and let him find his own ride! Unless it is not your vehicle, I would find some other transportation. Other than that, get rid of him. You do not need the aggravation, nor the insults. Someone who insults you and tells you what you should or shouldn't do is not your friend.
If at all possible get rid of him as soon as possible. You derserve much much better. I hope that it will get better for you soon. Keep us posted.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Um, I would be quietly, without fuss, withdrawing from his life. I wouldn't create a big hoo-haa, he sounds a tad aggressive and unstable.

Just slowly, peacefully, stop answering or returning his calls, emails or other attempts at contact. Withdraw from his life in an unobtrusive and quiet way. If he wants to know why, I wouldn't tell him, I would just calmly and steadfastly say that you realised that you and he didn't have too much in common, and that you felt that perhaps you'd outgrown the friendship.

Under no circumstances would I suggest that you keep him in your life. Of course, I don't know him or his relationship to you, and that may seem a little extreme, but someone who demonstrates such a clear lack of respect for you (whatever his feelings are about cats, he should have more consideration for YOUR feelings about them) and continues to do so despite how much it obviously upsets you, is not someone you should consider your friend or someone who would be valuable to have in your life.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

But however you decide to drop the arsehat.. do it soon before he causes you anymore unneeded stress.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And great big
for having to put up with that loser in addition to the stress that moving already brings - with or without cats!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did he ever consider that he's the stress in you're life? Jerk-face!

Sarah has great advice. I hope the move goes well & this person isn't too much more awful.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dump this so-called friend, I would never, ever speak to him again, just kill the relationship, period. Never let him be around the kits alone.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Um, I would be quietly, without fuss, withdrawing from his life. I wouldn't create a big hoo-haa, he sounds a tad aggressive and unstable.

Just slowly, peacefully, stop answering or returning his calls, emails or other attempts at contact. Withdraw from his life in an unobtrusive and quiet way. If he wants to know why, I wouldn't tell him, I would just calmly and steadfastly say that you realised that you and he didn't have too much in common, and that you felt that perhaps you'd outgrown the friendship.
I wouldn't trust this person as far as I can spit, which isn't too far!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Autumnblueangel

I would wholeheartedly agree with him, and then ponder aloud "But I don't really know the dose that would work on a grown man of your size."