First Day of Show - Charlie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from the show - Charlie only made one final - 10th Best Kitten (AB). But that's ok. It was the last show of the season, and the campaigners were out for those last points.

He behaved well, the judges commented him on his spots/type, and a few mentioned about "glad to see the Oci's again".

I did get to meet some nice Bengals at the show - and the one owner and I got some pictures (DH took them) of the cats kinda side by side for telling the differences. Will post all show pictures within the next few days.

Bengals ARE bigger then the Oci's - they told me the adult males were a good 15-20 lbs. Both DH and I got to hold one laid back male (not neutered).

More later

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds interesting. I would love to see the pictures of your kitty and the Bengals together.

Bengals are supposed to be larger I think, unfortunately my Bengal boy is not much bigger than my SunLee, and she is a very tiny delicate little thing. Actually, Angel isn't very big either. I would love to see a larger Bengal. I was very disappointed when Simba turned out to be such a small boy, but I love him to pieces, even if he is a little guy. Simba's father is a large Bengal, but I didn't get to see him the day I bought Simba. I used to think I stunted his growth by getting him neutered at 4 months, but most people tell me that shouldn't have caused him to be small.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the show. Koda and Charlie were on the same wave, as he also got 10th AB final.
Give Charlie a big hug for being a good boy at the show and I wish you the best of luck tomorrow, if him and Koda are still on the same wave, we will have to wish for more finals..

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking forward to seeing the show pictures and go Charlie for getting that final
and here's for doing even better next time around.

My 15 month bengal female is 12 lbs now which is pretty good for a female cat I think.

Anyway can't wait to see the pictures

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grats on one final!
Kingston has been to 3 shows and hasn't gotten any finals, but somali kittens usually do not do well because they are late bloomers.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

Grats on one final!
Kingston has been to 3 shows and hasn't gotten any finals, but somali kittens usually do not do well because they are late bloomers.
I am so sorry, that they are not seeing Kingston's beauty. I fell in love with your signature, and fell in love with Kingston, so much so, I showed him and one of Kai's bengal babies to my husband and told him, we should add a show alter to our home.
I don't know a lot about the Somali breed, but hopefully since they are late bloomers, that he will bloom and show those judges that he needs some finals!! You can always send him down here...LOL
I know, not a chance, but one can always ask.

There are just too many breeds that are amazing in their own way, that I know I want a Bengal only from Nial though...LOL, the Somali and Aby's are gorgeous, and what I have fell in love with is the Devons, but CJ isn't as fond of the Devons, he says they are so ugly they are cute, but I just see cuteness. I also worry about the size of our Ragdolls with a smaller breed, with much less hair with our Ragdolls. Our Raggies are laid back, but they have claws and even just playing, I would worry that the nails could do damage to the sensitive skin of a Devon or a smaller breed such as the Devon. I am not in any hurry, we have our hands full showing Koda and then the new kitten that is coming soon, but I just say, since we are already at the show, we should have a show alter, but it will take me forever to make up my mind on what breed to bring in, as I am in love with too many of them. CJ likes the Bengals. Joey (our 6 year old son),says Ragdolls only..LOL and Ashlan loves the Ragdoll, but would love an exotic SH, but she likes a certain color, and I have yet to see this color when we are at the shows, and I have even looked at a few sites, to see what they call this color in this breed, and if it is a more rare color, or maybe it isn't even an accepted color. I haven't had a lot of time to do as much research as I want, on any of the breeds we like the looks and temperament of, and I am one to do a lot of research before ever thinking of jumping right in.
We wish you well with Kingston in the future, keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the Rags being laid back, all the breeds are are looking at (aby, somila, bengal, oci) are VERY active cats - the rags won't keep up and unless you've got another active cat or a dog, they may get bored

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Charlie is MUCH better than one final and 10th. Hoping for better things today, GK.
OMG, I can't agree with you more. Remember, regardless of the results, Charlie is #1 in our books (OK, tied with Demetri for top spot - get the pun?)!

Charlie, here are some hugs and kisses from your secret admirer (Ok, so her identity isn't such a secret, but Sadie just didn't want to come on too strong) for just being so darn handsome . xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie only got that one final - can't help the judges were not wearing glasses and it was the "blood-bath" show (end of season). But he handled things well, and we'll "go get them" next month - CFA and ACFA for first steps in Premiership

I DID learn (actually DH and I) tons about the differences in Bengals/Oci's so next time you post the "test" on Bengals/Oci's there is no excuse for us not to get all of them right

I'll have to work on cropping/uploading the pics we took (tonite) and do a more detailed evaluation of the breeds for everyone. I hope the Bengal owners/breeders will help out in any additional comments for all of us.

Some of the judges kinda penalized him on age (he will be 8 months tomorrow) - they wanted to see a little more "maturity" in type - he's at the teen stage of growing and needs to fill out more in head/body. That will come in time. But hopefully he can get a few finals/points towards his future grand