for those listening to music........

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
........right now.................that ya listening to ?

I'm listening to an old George Micheal one - Ladies & Gentlemen - and you know I am really enjoying listening to it again - it makes me think about what else I've not listened to for a while

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to the dishwasher run right now, and enjoying it (DH did the dishes-so that's music to my ears! LOL). Going to the grocery store, or the $tree, and places like that make me think of songs I haven't heard in a while, too- sometimes while cringing!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought a bunch of cds lately and the package just got here yesterday, treat to myself for my birthday last month.

So I'm listening through each cd to make sure there's no defects.

Currently I'm listening to Borknagar - Epic - The Weight of Wind, metal and soo not what anyone else on here would listen to.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Nugget" by Cake, at the moment. I've got iTunes on shuffle, so it'll something COMPLETELY different in a moment.

I just listened to "My Romance" by the Bill Evans Trio (jazz) and before that was "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash (the only ONLY country I will listen to, period, is Johnny Cash and it's not even real country).

In the time it took me to type this, iTunes changed to "Dreamer in my Dreams" by Wilco.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greatest Hits of the 80's is one of my favorite albums(yes albums I still use my turntable of all things.) I guess that sort of shows my age. But what the heyyy. I also like early R&B and some disco, yes I am a closet BG's fan"

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm listening to the R&B hits station on my cable, right now its Mary, Mary "Praise You"

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Better than Ezra - I'm fixed my setup for recording my LPs so I'm hoping to get into some of the old stuff that I haven't heard in 10 years.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Robin Thicke - The evolution of Robin Thicke. There is one song on CD called tell me u love me. I am soooo in love with this song, drives DH crazy.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

(yes albums I still use my turntable of all things.) I guess that sort of shows my age. But what the heyyy.
Some bands still release LPs. I'm not so sure that pop releases have any, but some rock, punk, and lots of metal gets LP releases. I think it's because there's a lot collector/audiophile types and vinyl has a much warmer sound than cds do.

I have friends that are only 20-22 that collect and prefer vinyl when they can get it, so you're in no way showing your age.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Some bands still release LPs. I'm not so sure that pop releases have any, but some rock, punk, and lots of metal gets LP releases. I think it's because there's a lot collector/audiophile types and vinyl has a much warmer sound than cds do.

I have friends that are only 20-22 that collect and prefer vinyl when they can get it, so you're in no way showing your age.
Today - I've been recording my albums to wav files to transfer to my iPod and know that I'm not an audiophile - LPs are a pain in the you-know-what. When the sound is good, yes it is superior, but getting there means holding one's breath until it is safely on the turntable, getting all of the dust and cat hair off of it because vinyl has a lot of static, hoping the stupid needle doesn't skip across tracks (one of the most painful things to hear). Then you have to put the turntable where the cats don't become fascinated with it. Oh - and no dancing because vibration could cause it to skip. And then you get at most 25 minutes a side. Bleah.

Edit - not mention the pops and crackling that LPs can get.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my record player! I don't want to transfer anything. You can get good music for 25 cents at garage sales, and you can tell if its going to play just by looking at it.

Anyway right now I'm listening to Firecracker by The Wailin Jennys

sarah3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use to love the sound of my dads turn table.....but I listen to metal and a few bands that hardly anyone knows about
like Karnivool, The Butterfly Effect, Disturbed and Rammstein so yeah....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Justin Timberlake- Summer Love

Its my new favorite!
I agree!! I listened to that song a few times today and its rockin!!

Of course I think Mr "Timbalake" is F-I-N-E~ fine!!!!