Rubbing against my face..

hwangster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is a dumb complaint, because it's probably the ultimate display of infection, but I'm allergic to my cat when he gets too close to me.

However, my kitten (whom I've had for 2 weeks) enjoys rubbing himself on my face every chance he gets.

When I'm sleeping, when I'm watching TV, when I'm using my computer. And my entire face itches, my eyes water.

How do I prevent him from doing this? My old kitty would just brush himself against my feet and arms, but not this one... always my face.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't dumb. You are allergic so it makes things more interesting for you. It does mean he loves you and wants to be close to you. Are your allergies improving at all?

I don't have any methods to make him stop this, just wanted to add my support

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shami still does this to me too. Fortunately I'm not allergic, but I'll give him a vigorous head scratching and petting and he'll usually calm down. He'll then either curl up on my lap and take a nap, or run off somewhere and cause some trouble.

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats does the same to me and I am allergic, at least use to. I think he is seeking for your affection and wants your attention. BTW, I'm on zyrtec and flonase to treat my allergy.

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can definitely understand this behavior, as my Chandler is that way. Fortunately, I'm not allergic, so I don't have that added worry. I don't have any good advice, though, as to how to get them to not do this. My biggest complaint with Chandler is he thinks my face is a perfect place for an all-over body rub........I love the little fur ball to pieces but I do NOT enjoy when his anal glands express in my hair, or on my face or clothes...........which usually ends up happening. Definitely not a pleasant experience

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess you can try continually putting him down on the floor until he gets the message, which might take quite a while. In the meantime get some antihystamine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hwangster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes... the anal glands. I usually am on my laptop on my bed, with the laptop on my lap. He would sit between my chin and my stomach with his butt facing me. So I get a clear whiff of whatever is behind his tooshy. Not the greatest view in the world.

Oh, and he peed on my pillow today. I think I've been too busy lately... someone is probably upset.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hwangster

I know this is a dumb complaint, because it's probably the ultimate display of infection, but I'm allergic to my cat when he gets too close to me.

However, my kitten (whom I've had for 2 weeks) enjoys rubbing himself on my face every chance he gets.

When I'm sleeping, when I'm watching TV, when I'm using my computer. And my entire face itches, my eyes water.

How do I prevent him from doing this? My old kitty would just brush himself against my feet and arms, but not this one... always my face.
I have a three year old cat who still loves to get in my face. It does not bother me a bit. It's a little tough sleeping that way, though.