Daria

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who else likes this show? I used to watch it on YTV (it's an MTV show) when I was in high school. I just found a bunch of episodes and I've been watching them every night. It's so funny.

Daria: I once did the Heimlich Maneuver on Quinn....
Jane: Did it work?
Daria: Oh, she wasn't choking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

I used to LOVE Daria. She's like my cartoon twin.
Nice! Me and my friend, whom I will refer to on this site as Fancypants (both for her privacy and my amusement), have very Daria/Jane-like conversations. Once, Fancypants went as Daria for Hallowe'en and she looked PERFECT. Either people said "Awesome Daria costume!" or "You know, just wearing a skirt doesn't count as a costume and this is a Hallowe'en party!" if they didn't watch the show.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to watch that show all the time as well. And one Halloween, I also dressed up as Daria. My hair was pretty close at the time, and I found the right skirt, jacket, shirt and shoes at GoodWill, lol.

I was handing out candy at the high school and all of the kids that stopped by recognized the costume.
"Wow, it's Daria!" lol

Of course I didn't question why little kids knew who Daria was.

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to watch that show sometimes, but I got really tired of people stopping me in mid-sentence and being all like "Hey you know who your voice reminds me of? DARIA!!!!!" I guess I kind of have a deep and monotone voice

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish they still have reruns on of that show. I LOVED IT! It still makes for amazing late night tv...

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah! I remember it....has been a long time since I thought about it though. I used to love Daria's dad...reminded me very much of my uncle...eerily so.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by extinctosaurus

I used to watch that show sometimes, but I got really tired of people stopping me in mid-sentence and being all like "Hey you know who your voice reminds me of? DARIA!!!!!" I guess I kind of have a deep and monotone voice
My DH says I'm Daria! Good thing for me that he likes her too.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i stopped watching it when it went off mtv but i loved that show..and aeon flux when it was on mtv.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love that show but I havn't seen it on any more...there used to be a bunch of repeats.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the prinicipal with the poking out eye

Only just realise that they made a couple of tv-movies of Daria, I don't think it ran that long in the uk

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They had a bunch of Daria reruns for awhile on one of the sub-mtv channels... like Noggin or something.

I always got a kick out of it.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo...I miss that show. Do they have it out on DVD???

I'm surprised adult swim didn't pick it up yet.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I MISS THAT SHOW SOO MUCH

I remember when it was on noggin which I actually never understood because that was with Nikeloden (sorry for spelling) and during the day it was noggin and at night its The N lol, but I loved going to my brothers just for the reruns late night on noggin! And then we finally get digital cable here (last year) and they took Daria off
I miss that show so much

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to love watching Daria...that was when MTV use to have some good shows on...and they stilled played music...it seems like all the shows on there now are reality...but don't get me wrong..I like some of the reality shows on there

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I would appreciate Daria much more now that I'm older.

I was really young when it was on and I remember thinking she was the most unlikeable character ever.

I've somehow always been new-age flowerchild and when I was younger I tried to always stay optimistic. Daria... LOL wasn't very optimistic.