Blimey!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made arrangements with the rescue lady to go over at 10 tomorrow to drop Sally off, got home, and had only been in 5 mins when she rang to ask if I could go to the vets on the way there. I obviously said yes, and asked what she needed - answer was 'a cat needs picking up, thought it could come to you!!' - throws my whole day out, but he has nowhere else to go, so c'est la vie!! On the upside, I have fostered 30 cats/kittens and never had an adult ginger, he is a pale ginger, so should be a really stunning cat, I never seem to get unusual colours that make you go 'wow', so hopefully he will be. He is about 6, but depending on his looks, he might not take long to home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will do, I can't wait to see him!! Will have to get Anne to change my siggy too!!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Will do, I can't wait to see him!! Will have to get Anne to change my siggy too!!
Thats Ok, when you get a photo let me know.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, one of our neighbourhood cats (ie. indoor/outdoor cats with homes, not feral) is the loveliest ginger and Nate and I are both very fond of that cat, it is so friendly, I even get the 'excited tail shake' and a happy miaow when I say hello

Do you know what this boy's story is?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out his story - his owners moved out and left him (second one i have heard of this week, we were full when asked about the first one though), a little old dear was feeding him, but is moving next week, no one else wants to take over, so he would have been left on the streets. He has a very bad case of ear mites though, unfortunately, the vets have cleaned them, jabbed him and something else, and given me ear drops for the next two weeks. He is so sweet though, and not too bothered about being in the room, some of them go bonkers, but I think he might just be glad to be inside on a nice comfy bed (well, a wooden shelf with a piece of old carpet on at the mo!!). Here is the first pic of him, he has no name yet, I am waiting for a friend to come up with it.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is now named, and called Pumpkin.
Thanks for the lovely comment Lillecat

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a beautiful cat. I love orange boys, and he is just wonderful. Such a sweet little nose too!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheers guys, he does like his name. He is such a sweet cat, I could stroke his belly hours after getting here!! he loves attention, and am sure he will be snapped up quite quickly when he is available. Not keen on sitting with you though, and he certainly likes his catnip!!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he is so cute!
I'll bet he does like having some love again. How can people just leave their pets behind when they leave?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never figured it out myself, but I know some of the UK rescues are having a lot of them at the moment. So sad.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have never figured it out myself, but I know some of the UK rescues are having a lot of them at the moment. So sad.
Same here.
There have been some pedigreed dogs left behind. Lots of moggie cats, too. It's so very unfortunate, as many are so wonderful!

But, now they have a chance at a good loving home!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose there is that way of looking at it.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people

Made arrangements with the rescue lady to go over at 10 tomorrow to drop Sally off, got home, and had only been in 5 mins when she rang to ask if I could go to the vets on the way there. I obviously said yes, and asked what she needed - answer was 'a cat needs picking up, thought it could come to you!!' - throws my whole day out, but he has nowhere else to go, so c'est la vie!! On the upside, I have fostered 30 cats/kittens and never had an adult ginger, he is a pale ginger, so should be a really stunning cat, I never seem to get unusual colours that make you go 'wow', so hopefully he will be. He is about 6, but depending on his looks, he might not take long to home.
Thats the way life goes in rescue eh?

He certainly is a handsome boy

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More pics - he has been here a week, and really hating being cooped up, he cries a lot bless him.