KatKwiz #29 - OK, you asked for it!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Somebody mentioned the other day how easy the questions were becoming. I would hope that it is perhaps people are getting better at using TCS.

But, let us see how easy you think this one is! 425 points for this one.

How would you go about listening to the Head Cat's voice

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmm that is a little hard is their voice a little more distinctive and louder? sounds different then any other one?
i tried

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Dang I was going through my clicks to see MY answer before I could submit it....must be faster nixt time I guess~

Click 1. Cat Forums
Click 2. TCS Support/Announcements
Click 3. Announcements
Click 4. TCS Broadcast FAQ
Next broadcast - Sunday, April 29th, at noon EDST

OR

Click 1. Member List
Click 2. Letter A....scroll down find ANNE TCS Head Cat
Click 3. Click her Name
Click 4. FIND ALL POST BY ANNE
Click 5. The very first thread that pops up is CHAT WITH TCS.
On Sunday, April 29th at 12 Noon EDST, we will be hosting another live TCS broadcast via Skype

OR

CLICK 1. Member List
Click 2. Letter A, Scroll down to find ANNE TSC HEAD CAT
Click 3. PM Anne--Do a test call with her by which you could head her voice haha!
(If you don't have Skype, we strongly encourage you to get the download, install it, test it to make sure you can work within it (PM me if you want to do a test call to see if your system works properly) and get your questions ready.)

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Did anybody win yet? I know that somebody posted a similiar answer before me but they didnt use the first click to go to the Forums. I dont see how you can go to TCS Announcements from this page?? Is there a way?~

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Click on TCS Support/Annoucements
Then Announcements & this thread
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...68#post1719868
Listen to the broadcast from April 7th 2007

You can download and register for Skype to join future chats
I found a fast way.
1)Go to the Pull down menu and click on Announcements which is listed under TCS Support/ Announcements
2) Click on this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...68#post1719868

And scroll down to list to the broadcast from April 7th 2007.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I found a fast way.
1)Go to the Pull down menu and click on Announcements which is listed under TCS Support/ Announcements
2) Click on this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...68#post1719868

And scroll down to list to the broadcast from April 7th 2007.
Contests expire after 12 hours. It's in the rules.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

~Did anybody win yet? I know that somebody posted a similiar answer before me but they didnt use the first click to go to the Forums. I dont see how you can go to TCS Announcements from this page?? Is there a way?~
Let's ask Crazyforinfo. This has come up before. There is no way for ME to get to Announcements without doing a click. Which means YOU are the winner. But I have had people tell me before that with their browser all they have to do is hover over the scrollable forums. Crazyforinfo: If you did not have to click to get to Announcements, then tell us what you did. The rules state that every click needs to documented. If this is a difference in browswers, I want to get to the bottom of this, right away. We await the truthfulness of Crazyforinfo. As you can see, I have the 425 points withdrawn from the KatKwiz bank account and ready to deposit into one of YOUR accounts.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did it from the pull-down menu.
Are you talking about the Forum Jump box? You did not have to click anything to get to Announcements? Please tell us exactly how you got to Announcements from my post without clicking on anything.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Click on the pull down menu
Click on TCS Support/Annoucements
Then Announcements & this thread
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...68#post1719868
Listen to the broadcast from April 7th 2007
After this, please list every click. You did not list the click on the pull down menu the first time and I had to make sure there was nothing different about your browser that would allow you to do this without a click. I was led to believe once before that there was if you had a different browser. However, you still won because I have to take the FIRST entry from mom_2_3 which was four clicks.

So finally, you are the KatKwiz Whizof the Day
You have won 425 points.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's go over this browser thing again.

If someone using IE uses the tab key and arrow key, they can select the Announcements forum without touching the mouse or hitting enter. It's basically scrolling through the Forum Jump list. Then it's only one click to the thread about the Skype broadcast.

Before you go saying that someone misled you before, you might want to try and understand the process they went through. Not all of us use the computer the same way, tabbing and arrowing through menus is perfectly normal for me and I am sure others here as well.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Not all of us use the computer the same way, tabbing and arrowing through menus is perfectly normal for me and I am sure others here as well.
same here, I use my mouse very little, I have up/down keys on my keyboard and often use tabs too (if you are going to count my tabbing as a 'click' it may take a while as you sometimes have to tab through a lot of boxes and that would be unfair)

Plus, if we want to talk about misleading, the constant editing of the first post in many of your katkwiz threads could also be confusing people as to what you actually want from them
not that it bothers me because I don't take part and don't need the points but...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Let's go over this browser thing again.

If someone using IE uses the tab key and arrow key, they can select the Announcements forum without touching the mouse or hitting enter. It's basically scrolling through the Forum Jump list. Then it's only one click to the thread about the Skype broadcast.

Before you go saying that someone misled you before, you might want to try and understand the process they went through. Not all of us use the computer the same way, tabbing and arrowing through menus is perfectly normal for me and I am sure others here as well.
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

same here, I use my mouse very little, I have up/down keys on my keyboard and often use tabs too (if you are going to count my tabbing as a 'click' it may take a while as you sometimes have to tab through a lot of boxes and that would be unfair)

Plus, if we want to talk about misleading, the constant editing of the first post in many of your katkwiz threads could also be confusing people as to what you actually want from them
not that it bothers me because I don't take part and don't need the points but...
TY! I thought it was just me. The last one really confused me. Content was changed from when I had first answered.

I didn't realize using the mouse on the pull-down counted as a click.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So you have to take a an answer that didnt document a click over a post with my answers because I listed the more click one first? Just making sure I understand this. My post was still the first correct post with the lowest amount of clicks and Im always good at writing how many clicks. I read the rules but I seen nothing saying that if you submit more than one way to get to it in your post that you use the first way posted??

Ok just so Im clear....If somebody submits 3 answers in their post, you only go by the FIRST answer? Even if they still provide the right answer in the second or third post? If so is this listed in the rules? Might need to be because Im confused lol although its not that hard to confuse me! I think from now on Ill post ONE answer instead of giving multiple ways to find it because I actually used the last one first to find the answer but then realized I could find more ways to answer the question and listed them as such. My bad.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

So you have to take a an answer that didnt document a click over a post with my answers because I listed the more click one first? Just making sure I understand this. My post was still the first correct post with the lowest amount of clicks and Im always good at writing how many clicks. I read the rules but I seen nothing saying that if you submit more than one way to get to it in your post that you use the first way posted??

Ok just so Im clear....If somebody submits 3 answers in their post, you only go by the FIRST answer? Even if they still provide the right answer in the second or third post? If so is this listed in the rules? Might need to be because Im confused lol although its not that hard to confuse me! I think from now on Ill post ONE answer instead of giving multiple ways to find it because I actually used the last one first to find the answer but then realized I could find more ways to answer the question and listed them as such. My bad.
You cannot supply more than one answer to a question. I am going to rewrite the instructions.